Xenith wont turn on

What r the advantages of 60d over the unitys? Spec wise they seem the same and ive heard some meh customer service experiences.

not even close lmao, sure, they have 6 wires for motor and a connector for battery, other than that, a whole lot different inside

v4 vs v6 to start with

5 Likes

I mean, youā€™re sitting there with a dark Unity/Xenith and Iā€™ve got multiple Stormcore that continue to work great. Thatā€™s an advantage.

The specs are not the same, v4 vs V6 architecture just to start.

LaCroix customer service hasnā€™t ever been an issue, they are one of the best in the industry.

8 Likes

60d is the next generation designed by the same electronic engineer

3 Likes

Damn guess i looked at the wrong spec sheet or something. Dunno y i thought that. Then 60d would seem much better deal over the unitys now there basically matching price with it. How much extra is the 100d? Cant find cuz its sold out.

1 Like

I personally like the spintend. I put it on all of my client builds. And for bonus Iā€™ve blown up several. Bad motor sensors were the culprits.

I agree. LaCroix is the stuff. They fixed my 100d and gave me an upgrade. They will continue to get my business.

4 Likes

Oh nice, glad to see the mystery had been solved! Were you able to get the spintends repaired?

The spintends (2) are in china. Getting repaired. It was a bad motor be sensor just like you predicted early on.

1 Like

Can you expand on what was bad here?

The only time Iā€™ve seen sensor cables kill an ESC is when phase cables were shorted to sensor cables and shooting 10-50v into the MCU gpios. Certain ESC designs actually have protections against this (TORQUE6 off the top of my head)

4 Likes

Hold up!!! That is the most impossible quote I could hear. No matter what the problem, no matter whoā€™s fault, no matter the day time or country, we always finish every support thread with a satisfied customer and problems erased

4 Likes

It will sadly be like that for a bit. They are hard to make with the chip market prices skyrocketing

1 Like

I agree, Lacroix is really bringing it with customer service

4 Likes

Based what I have seen now with a few of my friends, this is not the case. Dont want to say too much yet, but communication has beenā€¦ less than satisfactory.

3 Likes

Yeah, Lacroix isnā€™t bad, but it isnā€™t as good as I expected it to be. Letā€™s just say that Shredlights has the best CS Iā€™ve seen by far.

Edit: I heard good things about them and I still believe they have the best CS in the ESC market, so I bought from them. Always room to improve though.

2 Likes

Expand? Charles is on customer support even when we are done for the day. He was on vacation last week and still went into his account to do support. He deals with so many people at the same time, Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€™t gone crazy yet.

4 Likes

That sounds genuinely unfair on the guy, would it not make sense to just hire someone and split the hours between them?

3 Likes

Make up your mind :joy: you literally have a single order with us and it had nothing to do with lights

4 Likes

We keep trying to remove him from the internet :joy: he finds a way everytime.

4 Likes

To come back to the subject at handā€¦

I was always on flipsky ESC due to budget. But the day I got a stormcore 60d was the day I realised how much smoother things can be during a build. I have never owned a xenith but Iā€™d say there are good reasons ESC makers have been moving away from v4 and into v6. Many of those reasons are safety related. Others are compatibility.

Edit: yes I work for Lacroix. But I started out like almost everyone here by diyā€™ing my own boards.

3 Likes