Xenith wont turn on

It does not get hot. I looked at some older photos and it seems like it was there before when it was working.

Hm ok…
Did you try spinning the motors by hand yet?

A better approach I do is to to solder a small wire to the positive leg of one of the big capacitors. Then connect a power supply with ~12V and current limit. By doing this we bypass the antispark.

If the esc now starts up… its the antispark circuit which is the issue and the rest is “probably” fine

As long as the pcb is not blown up… everything is fixable with parts and hot air station. It depends on how much you value time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yea tried to hand spin. Don’t think i can spin it fast enough to create 5v. Or something else is wrong. Do i need to solder or just have contact with the wire and capacitor? I don’t have the necessary tools with me right now but I’ll try that.

Ok I realize spinning the motor by hand is not enough probably. I just barely got the leds flashing on a vesc 4.12 here now by hand spinning the wheels on the skateboard.

I suggest a solid connection, or else you might drop the cable and cause a short elsewhere.

2 Likes

Time to go back in 2017. Holding it on a treadmill should turn it on

1 Like