[WTB] USA - TB6380 170kv

What’s your email/order number? Send us an email.

2 Likes

Email sent - thank you for reaching out! :call_me_hand:

Yep, I got the wrong motors. I messaged them a few different ways and they finally got back to me today to say “We no longer have any 6380 170KV Motors. We only offer our new 6380 190KV Motors.”. That’s really frustrating. Why don’t they change their website? Everything STILL shows 170KV…even my confirmation email. And if they knew there was an issue with your order, they still didn’t fix it, and my order got messed up. Their website says they will prosecute if you do a chargeback. I guess I’ll just use the 190KV’s…but it sure doesn’t make me happy with them or their service/responsiveness.

1 Like

I have a 6374 maytech sealed 170kv. But the shaft is cut short for gears

The website literally says, in RED letters that the motors in stock are 190KV. Maybe next time dont use your phone for big purchases like this.

OK, that’s the first time I’ve seen that. Thanks for pointing that out. The title of the page says 170kv, and also a little further down the page it says " WHAT’S INCLUDED
(1) 6380 170KV TorqueBoards Motor (Fits 63mm Motor Mount)

• (1) 3x3 Keyway Key"
    Then when I got the confirmation email it didn’t mention 190KV anywhere. I suppose if it had I could have cancelled the order before it shipped out.
    I get your point that I shouldn’t use a phone (though in this case I didn’t use a phone), but this is just really confusing. I’ve never bought something from any real business that lists a product using this method. Like, why not just update the product?
1 Like

" PRODUCT PAGE PENDING UPDATE." It says so right there.
I cant speak for the man himself as to why its not updated. My best guess is that he’s very busy with all the orders or something else in his life. The red text was there when I ordered my motors a while ago by the way.

Everything else on the website still says 170kv, so I can imagine his ecomerce platform (shopify) hasnt been updated either. Its messy I agree, but what difference does 20kv make?

1 Like

Dexter is busy from dealing with so many peoples bullshit emails. I used to bother the dude 24/7 but people have been riding his ass nonstop so I’m letting him take a breather for now :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, i guess it’s a weird e-commerce platform, but if you can go in a add a message that says “product page pending update” why not just change the ‘7’ to a ‘9’ while you’re there?

We’ve been saying for a long time he needs to get someone to do customer support for him, but I don’t know what his margins are. And hiring someone like that, if they even have the knowledge to answer technical support tickets isn’t cheap.

2 Likes

So it’s just a one-man operation? I didn’t know much about the company before now. I guess I can cut him slack if that’s all it is.

1 Like

Because he needs to update the URL, take new photo’s, update the specs, update his ecommerce platform. Its messy but understandable if you realise its just him running the show.

1 Like

If he offered me a six figure salary to become his customer service rep, I’d tell him he could go fuck himself.
@torqueboards I love you bro and I wish I could be of some service to you, but y’all deal with so much shit :rofl:

4 Likes

He gets so many dumb fucking questions I bet. We deal with enough on them on the forum and we dont even need to reply.

2 Likes

Regardless, at least 4 people now, although I’m sure more have received a different product than listed… discounting the fact of red text somewhere… the MAIN PRODUCT PAGE lists one product and I received another.

On top of that, he says email him, I did and still haven’t gotten any response. I get it’s a one man band… but maybe take the listing down or figure out one of a multitude of other common sense or easy solutions to not deliver loyal customers wrong products.

I’ve spent thousands of dollars with him, and expect to get what I paid for. How the fuck is that so difficult to understand? I don’t have any Ill will towards the guy, just expect some thing like this situation to be made right and don’t think it’s too much to ask for given the circumstances. Especially as I’m clearly not the only one who this happened to.

How much of a difference does 20kv make? In my case about 4mph in speed less but in exchange for a much preferred dlightly more than 4 ft lbs of torque. Not immensely huge, but also would have loved that torque as I ride almost entirely off-road. Needless to say that’s not the big issue here, it’s receiving a different product then I ordered and got a confirmation email stating I would be receiving.

Y’all can defend him all you want, but it’s a simple concept to understand, at least in my head. If you ordered an iPhone 7 and got a 6… or any other sequential generation of any brand of phone, would you accept that? I know that’s apples and oranges, but they both make calls, send texts, have cameras, etc. Again, that’s not my point at all…but if your argument is how big of a difference does it make…

Perhaps you should think about the simple fact of ordering one thing advertised, receiving confirmation of it, and receiving something else. Regardless of how many people are running the shop, what they’re dealing with personally or on a business level. What irks me most is telling me to email him to straighten it out, not hearing anything back, and hearing others have at least gotten a reply albeit not the one I hope to get.

Oh… and because I had two TB 6380 170 kv motors, one crapped out on me, and now I received a different motor than the one I ordered to match my first. If that wasn’t the case I wouldn’t be as annoyed by this whole debacle.

We don’t have what you paid for if you want 170KV. I’ll check maybe we have a few stragglers but those might be gone too. Will send you an email in a sec. @longboardshort

2 Likes

Can I get an email too :eyes::penguin:

2 Likes

Thank you… even though you said you’d email me in a sec I’m remaining hopeful that you do even though it’s been 5 hours and still no email or dm. Starting to feel like an idiot each time I believe it and get nothing though…

Check your spam folder or any promotion folders like in gmail for instance. Thats where my emails from torqueboards ended up and others have had the same issues.