[WTB,Europe] Looking for something used that is DIY

These dont look half as bad as you described them. If u throwing em in free… i guess i might take the TB210s (or 220s i dont remember at this point) and put em on? They don’t look all that bad and as long as they work… shouldn’t bring performance down.

1 Like

Shameless derail but what’s the axle length on those evolve trucks? I mean the part the wheels go on

You’re looking for any caliber trucks. If you’re going for 6355 motors any will do. If 6374, you’ll want to be closer to 218/220 hangers. You can use the wheels from me with no extended axles but i think you’ll need to file down a bit of the truck profile to make it “rounder” as the metal pulley slides over. That brings you to the original caliber 2 trucks. £25 a piece but could be found cheaper i think

1 Like

By the way… i have more or less found the following items up to the line, although i have not purchased any of them yet

Hummie + BB encl.
MakerX dual
Some random wheels + metal pulleys (+belts?)
10s3p Molicel battery with the most basic bms
Caliber II Trucks with Torqueboards mounts (Can get TB210s for 60e, without mounts and get Athrx’s free mounts)
Some random remote (mini? i still prefer arduino + 3d printed boosted remote case or sth like that)

And here is what i have not found deals on :

Charger
Motors
tools ( lol )
Bushings (don’t they come with the trucks?)

What else would i need to make a complete build, out of the parts above? I’d probably need a power button or something for the ESC, i dont know how that works exactly, i guess once i get the parts imma do some LEGO-level figuring out.

I recommend a vx1 remote if you can spare the money for one. About the only solid thing i can recommend from flipsky. It’s kind of basic but you get to see battery level on it and have speed modes until you get used to how the board responds (to eventually just drop it on the full power)

Chargers for 10s should be really, really common. Keep in mind you’ll want a plug for the deck side as well (once again, i have a 5x2.1? Dc female jack port, rated for 3 amps but i use mine at 4. Water sealing ring and lid on it, i’ll just include it in)
Bushings that come with the trucks are usually shit, but it depends of course

1 Like

@Anubis seems to have 10s chargers. Just checked. 3A for £20, 4A for £22. The 8A one will need a better charging port on your board
He maaaayy have those grey bushings for bn220 trucks (for caliber, yes)
And vx1 for £36

Wait… so how does charging work. Do i hook up the battery to the esc and have a connector come out of the esc as well as a button? Doesnt the battery itself have a charging port?

Btw, the remote i’ve had my eyes on is apparently called the “Firefly remote”

Well, depends. I have a charging port on my enclosure that ends in a xt30. On the other side, i have the pair of the xt30 connected to the bms for charge only and that’s about it.

Wires for discharge go either straight from the battery, through an antispark switch, to the esc, or the same thing but with an antispark loopkey formed from a xt90s pair.

If you get the switch (around £35?), You will have a fancy led button you will drill for somewhere on the deck or enclosure, if you get the xt90s you need to drill and glue a male xt90 connector somewhere on your board. This is way cheaper and lower cost to replace if things mess up

You may want to speak to the battery seller to know what’s already included there. You should probably avoid changing things on the one thing that can catch on fire, at least on your first board

As you’re working on a tight budget, the only remote you should get is the Mini remote. Its £14 or so

2 Likes

Yo…! I guess i am waiting to see what you have for me and what prices :smiley:

Build thead incoming in the next weeks probably :

6 Likes

Nice to see it coming together!
I think you still need baseplate bolt screws with nylock nuts.
I am going to test this week (whenever they feel like arriving) m5 bolts and report back, but they should fit straight in and can be found in any hardware shop for cheap

Edit: don’t forget some foam sheets. Things tend to rattle inside there

1 Like

I dunno, really, i guess i’ll test around with my father, he has his own workshop with all sorts of little things that i don’t have

1 Like

I think I added those in. I also put in Velcro tape, use it on everything to stop stuff shifting @Nathraichean

3 Likes

Ah, yes, i found them, but they are just about enough for the trucks, i guess if i need to put in the risers, imma need longer ones.

Ah yea common problem, at least you only need to pick up longer bolts!

1 Like

great spidey-sense!!

2 Likes

Well… they went on to sell the board. I guess i did not have much activity here at the time (not that i do now). They didn’t have much activity either, but oh well.

I ended up making a direct bank transfer when i paid to Anubis/NexusBoards, but he does look more legitimate, as he 1.has a shop 2.was recommended by other people as well 3.is really active here

I guess, i dunno. Essentially, ill end up with a better board (slightly) for like… 100-150eur less? I’ll give my thanks to the people who helped in my build post that i create, i just don’t know when that’d be.

4 Likes

THE BUDGET BOI

Ah, here is a short pre-post post of my build, as the build probably won’t happen until next year. I am leaving my board with my parents, as 1. it became kinda heavy to move with other luggage, 2. its literally sub 10 degrees here, i’d die out there with it, 3. it would appear that i have a faulty vx1, as the batch apparently has some issues and would need replacing. By the time it gets replaced it’d be well into winter anyway i guess, so…

But here is my build.

Deck - Hummie
Enclosure - BigBen Single stack, deck and enclosure from @Froodle
Battery - 10s3p Molicel p42a, Bestech d596 - courtesy of @tinp123
Wheels - 100mm All Terrain wheels with metal 36t wheel pulleys and bearings from @Athrx
Motor Mounts - Free from Athrx with the wheels.
Motors - c6374 Generic Chinese Motors
Motor Pulleys - Steel 15t
Trucks - Torqueboards 218 back, Generic paris clone front
ESCs - 2x Flipsky 4.12
Bluetooth Reciever for the ESC
Remote - Flispky VX1
Charger - 42v3a

Everything from the motors below + extras are from @Anubis

Extras - New Bearings, Lots of bolts and connectors, Risers, Velcro, Metal Motor Bash Guards

Now… all of this came at about 650 euro + shipping . Huge thank you to tinp for going into more detail as to how batteries/bms’es work, to Athrx for being there to answer some of my silly questions and especially to Anubis who not only helped me through the entire thing, but made sure that everything was compatible, i was informed about the items themselves, he threw in a couple extras as he knew I was on a budget, he received my deck+enclosure from Froodle and the wheels and mounts from Athrx and then packaged everything with great care and sent it over to me.

Thanks to everyone who reached out to me and help me get atleast different options, even though i might not have bought their items.

This board might probably be the budget king of this forum. Of course there are other things to consider such as buying loctite 243 which is hella expensive, silicone for the gap ( which i didn’t get to use yet ), heatshrinking tube, but these are relatively small costs.

All in all 10/10.

The build is not complete. I need to wait for a replacement remote and buy a mini-usb cable so that i can configure the vescs (i fucked up a setting and now i cant connect it to the tool with the bluetooth guy).I need to align the motor mounts and tighten everything and put some loctite and stuff. But its almost ready. Too bad it took me like 5 months of planning and shit and winter is here.

Anyways here are some simple pics :

7 Likes

If you can, cut grip tape so that it leaves out some of the carbon fiber layer, and make that damn wiring nice… you can fold the capacitors on those flipsky’s under them i’m pretty sure, keep main wires on the side, coil up and tape the button wires, put foam under and over the battery. You will see after a ride what starts to rub down and hopefully you adjust to that before you start a fire

1 Like