[WTB,Europe] Looking for something used that is DIY

I abused a maker-x dv4 at 12s without major issues. Cheap and functional

2 Likes

Wait, you’re looking for dual drive at just 800€? You definitely should have just ponied up a bit more cash for that Haya build. At 800€ I’d prefer a well built single drive than any dual drive if I were you.

If you built the board yourself, you could maybe get a good dual drive by finding good deals on all the parts / buying in bulk from a vendor, but even used builds go for a bit more when they’re dual drive…

1 Like

I am just going to leave this here :smiley:

I am willing to put in 50% of the price that other people are willing to put into their daily driver boards. Except… i am doing it with a salary that is like 4 to 6 times less than the same other people from actual countries. Its not that i don’t have the money, 1-2k euro is not something that will make me fall financially, its just not justified given the financial situation here. While it might not be a lot of money for an eskate, it is a lot of money for my country and i just wanna hang out with “the cool kids” here i guess? There was this UK offer, as i said, which we agreed on a price that i could muster, its just that… they didn’t accept PayPal and wanted me to directly send them the money via a bank transfer which is a no-no for me.

To put into perspective… 800 eur ( my budget ) is 870$, atleast that is before the dollar fell so tremendously ( the number on picture above is on the pre-dollar-fall-value ). That is roughly 140% of the average salary here. So me putting in 800 eur, proportionally, would be like a person from the :
US putting in 6860$
GER putting in 4900$
UK putting in 4700$

Etc. Obviously, it is not that simple, but still.

5 Likes

I wasn’t joking about Lipos. This is your best bet for 800 euros:

Add in a charger and little bits and bobs, that’s a pretty sweet build for 600-650 euros.

1 Like

From what i know the lipos are a bit of a different story charge-wise and i’d like the liions, also, im looking for a bit more capacity.
I should be able to find a better deal on a vesc
That drivetrain is exway proprietary

Im not exactly looking for a budget build - for that, i can always get an exway flex and it will probably just be better in most ways. I just do believe that 800 is just pushing the limits for a good build, with good parts, just second hand.

1 Like

Got some 100mm wheels with 36t pulleys for ÂŁ35. Shipping will hurt though.
Vescs if you get, get used and avoid flipsky. Only their vx1 remote is half decent. Don’t play the flipshit lottery when you’re on budget

1 Like

Here is how i am imagining it in my head. It will go past 800eur with shipping and things like that, i just dont think it’d go over 850e

(10s3p molicel) Battery - 240e
(Any? MakerX?) ESC - 80e
(Any, i’d prefer arduino + 3dprinted case) Remote - 15e
(Hummie + BigBen single stack) Deck + Enclosure - 150eur
(Any medium sized motors) Motors (2) - 150eur
(Dickyho 2ndhand? dunno) Motor Mounts (2) - 30eur
(can’t remember their name, they were black, 90mm) Wheels - 30eur
(no idea, cheapest ones, dickyho?) Gear Drive (2)- 40eur
(caliber II? cheap ones) Trucks - 25eur
(Shipping, wrong pricing above, hardware, belts, other) Misc - 40eur

• The ESC price is single there, needs to double I think
  • Mini remote
  • Why spend so much on those motors? Just get 2 C6374s, 70 euros and you’re done on such a tight budget
  • 90mm ABEC clone wheels are fine
  • Dickyho pulleys are about 40 yea
  • You need 220 truck hangers or wide trucks if you want to run larger than 6355 motors.
  • You’re missing a switch, charger, bearings?, and “extras” cost quite a lot more than 40 euros if you’re on your first build, because you can’t just buy a single XT90 for example you pretty much can only get them in 5 pairs, which after shipping is at least a few euros, and all the components are like that.

I’ve never understood why the vescs are so expensive though… the boards contain just a few compnonents and they look relatively simple from an engineering standpoint. Of course, i am no engineer, but i can’t help but wonder…

I ammselling this thing in complete… it was on hummie deck so it will fit :joy:

Its Unikboards 150kv
Unik boards mounts
Evolve trucks with riptide bushings, wheels
Steel motor pulleys
All new skf bearings
A set of spare belts, those they are on are brand new as well.

I am from Serbia, so next to you, cheap shipping…

I know your pain with salary, we are even worse.

Interested?

1 Like

Im looking more at a street build, rather than an AT build. With the evolve trucks and AT setup and low KV motors, i am not sure if this is exactly what i am looking for. What is your price for these?

I have no idea :joy: 300e for the whole thing.

Actually i have a set of used evolve abec 107mm you would only need a pulley for them since I’ve broken mine. I have been riding at and street depending of the mood.

Yeah, right now i am looking to get the same thing for about 200e… :smiley: Anubis advised me to get 2 motors for a total of 75e, Antrx is selling small AT wheels ( ones like the clouds, not full AT ) + pulleys + belts for like 45e so thats 120eur and if i can get trucks + mounts for less than 80 eur, that’d be great.

1 Like

Trucks and mounts for under 80e? I actually might be able to do that. In fact, I also have some C6374s lying around, and as Antrx lives in the UK, it might be possible for us to combine it all into 1 package and send it out to you.

4 Likes

How much for both motors and what are they? I don’t know much about these motor specs, other than “the numbers mean their measurements”, so if you can actually give me with some real-world performance numbers, that’d be great. Thank you in advance!

C6374s are 50A 170kv so about 2600W i think. I have a post about them, somewhere

Cash-money?

its these but sensored, but i dont reccomend using the sensors.

Are they any good? Right now i am sitting at about 600eur per my rough calculations ( no shipping ) for the following config

Hummie + BB encl.
MakerX dual
Some random wheels + metal pulleys (+belts?)
10s3p Molicel battery with the most basic bms
Caliber II Trucks with Torqueboards mounts (Can get TB210s for 60e, without mounts)
Some random remote

Essentially, i might be able to afford a bit better quality motors.

I forgot to add that i also have some used caliber motor mounts, free with the wheels but they’re quite abused. They’ve been scraping on curbs and asphalt when i had 83mm wheels on, and i overtightened motor bolts on them so they need some filing with sandpaper before you can adjust a motor freely on there, plus some excess superglue, but they work.
They are compatible with the 36t pulleys included with my wheels, 295 belts and a pair of 16T motor pulleys @Anubis sells on his site

I do recomment buying 290 belts though. It would make the motor sit in about the middle of the adjusting rail instead of the absolute end

1 Like