[WTB,Europe] Looking for something used that is DIY

Hello!

Recently I tried buying a good board that was selling here and you might have seen it, but i was not able reach an agreement with the seller on the payment method.

My budget is a maximum of 800 euro and I do believe that this would be enough for what I am asking, for a used board.

I am looking for something with a hummie deck and a 10s4p battery and that is basically it.
The esc,motors, hardware, mounts, trucks, wheels can be whatever.

The enclosure… would be nice to not be something completely pepega but rather something okay looking, but I also understand that it is a DIY and it won’t look like a commercial board.

The idea of this post is so that I do not get a commercial board. For about 800 eur, i can get the 19.2Ah Verreal RS, which looks to be an okay-ish, upgradeable board, so if i am unable to find anything for a while, i will probably get the Verreal RS at the start of spring next year. Seeing the board, which i mentioned earlier, gave me some hope on getting a similaly specced board, just with more quality components, with the disadvantage of it being used.

Thanks in advance for stopping by!

3 Likes

I have what you seek, but in parts. Not used, prestine.

I have too much stuff but too lazy to make a sales post. (translation: I’m a hoarder)

If you could consider piecing it together yourself I could prob make a package deal. Half the fun is building after all. Would this be something you could consider?.

6 Likes

Let me slide into your DMs.

Bump, still looking i guess.

1 Like

New week, new bump

'notha week, 'notha bump

1 Like

I am still searchin for something i guess. The EUR/USD is getting extremely low and it will go even lower, so I am not sure if even a second hand can beat the Chinese boards, them costing dollars. I am seriously just thinking of getting a Verreal RS and upgrading it. The upgradeability is great on the board, its cheap and its just a regular chinese board before upgrades…

Why don’t you build one yourself? Even if you buy a DIY from someone, or the Verreal you’ll have to learn the same things you need to know to DIY a board in order to modify/upgrade a prebuilt.

The only challenging thing is a battery, and those can be made by members on te forum, some of which in the EU.

Because I can’t afford a new board. My budget is 800 eur and I would like to get a decent board, with a nice deck and enclosure, good battery life and overall good performance. For 800 eur, i wouldnt be able to build anything, as in Europe, a 10s4p 30Q battery costs like 350-400 eur, a good deck would be 200-300 eur, an enclosure is 100 eur, a double vesc is 200 eur, two motors - 200 eur, pulleys - 40 eur, wheels 30 eur, trucks - 60 eur etc… This is out of my budget new, but second hand it is just within my budget. I want to get more quality components for my money, as 800eur might not seem a lot for the esk8 hobby, but for where I am from, that is a lot of money. Since it is a lot of money, i’d like to get something with higher quality, rather than just compromise, as I already do have a compromise - a WowGo 2S. Its an okay-ish board, tbh.

3 Likes

You can buy used enclosure, used deck, used VESC etc. (Battery pack you should buy new). And you can try DIY, but be very careful what you are buying. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well i did get some private offers… I am able to get a new 30q 10s4p battery for 300eur from a person who offered to help and another person offered me a hummie deck + bigben singlestack englosure for 150gbp. Would i be able to like… find everything else for about 350eur? Probably not, unfortunately :confused:

Use Lipos. Lithium Ions are for normie peasants :rofl:

1 Like

I am… a normie peasant.

1 Like

10S4P 30Q for 400 euros? who the hell is trying to charge that? Packs are cheaper in the EU, not more expensive. 10S4P 30Q is only about 170 euros in materials

The problem with any prebuilt is upgradability. You always have to throw away at least a bit of the money you spend originally by replacing components. The verreal rs’ batteries are not built to handle high amperage, so while it may be for example 10S4P 30Q, it will likely only have single nickle or even steel plated nickle and a 24 amp bms simply because the ESC they use doesn’t draw more than that. The motors are also only 45 amp max iirc, although they’re cans are large so they can handle higher burst amps.

Single drive isn’t really much cheaper if you have the intention of upgrading to dual either, only because you have to invest in wide trucks, a large battery and enclosure/deck to fit it all and so you only don’t buy like 250e worth of components. So it would imo be best to either save that bit up to just use used/neew parts and make the full build, or get an RS and don’t really anticipate being able to upgrade it too much

3 Likes

Well they offered it for 300eur and i am not really familiar with these things, but their packs looked very clean.

1 Like

300eur is about right, on the high end so i’d expect a high quality pack with a good few safety features. @tinp123 and @Acido make good packs if they haven’t spoken to you already

3 Likes

I asked @pjotr47 for the cost of a 10s4p 30q pack and he said 300 euro’s too.

1 Like

I’d be okay with a pack @ 100-150 cycles… for 225e… :smiley:

I second pinging @tinp123

Also if it fits, a 10s3p p42a is a slightly better choice. Especially if someone builds it for you and charges by the cell. Less work for the builder and a better deal for you

Or even 12s3p but that’s your call anyway

3 Likes

12s is very nice, but I’d hop on a cheap focer groupbuy if going that route, the cheaper 4.xx hardware doesn’t like 12s

1 Like