Wtb 5.5mm bullet connectors (male) to xt90

Dad to toddler: who wants to hold this while daddy hits up the bullet with 400deg

How about you shortstop?

1 Like

Good idea. The baby is getting pretty good at holding things.

1 Like

So here is the bullet connectors now let’s go xt90

@Halbj613 , I am going to be truthful here and you will probably not like what I am going to say.

You are lazy and always jump in with both feet without doing any research that you expect others to do for you.
Since you seem incapable at that time to actually listen and put in the time to learn and plan properly you are better off forgetting this DIY esk8 idea and having someone else make you a board or wait a few months/years doing more reading and less writing since most of what you ask is already out there and easily accessible. Hopefully you will mature in that time and things will change for the better.

I am genuinely afraid that if you continue that path you will get hurt.

If you listen, you learn, if you talk, you don’t and you are doing a whole lot of talking.

12 Likes

Tin your tip and heat up everything nice and hot before you start trying to flow the solder. The solder should soak into the threads of the wire not just sit on top like a bubble. If it’s not soaking in then its not hot enough or your not using flux.

What about the one I tried just now is that ok and good

Can’t see much in those photos dude.
I can’t see much solder at all so I’m gonna say no.

Seriously have you watched the videos yet?

The solder is inside

How can I tell if it’s good if I can’t see it?

Based on what I’ve gotten to know about you from this forum, I know you’re young, I know you’re lazy, but I know you’re not stupid. That solder job is fucking hilarious :laughing: I’m 90% convinced you’re just a troll at this point lmao

I see you’re a guy who solders first, asks questions later, lol.

Hahahahaha. Use heat-shrink tubing (very cheap) or electrical tape.

What makes this the best troll ever is that you’re making all that mess with a Trampa Vesc 6 hahaha

10 Likes

Truth. :joy:

4 Likes

@Trampa get the VESC triage theatre prepared, because warranty

2 Likes

@Halbj613 First, fill the bullet with solder(where the cable get’s in) and then tin your stripped cable and then heat up the bullet solder again and then put the cable in and hold it there in place while the solder is cooling off and then you’re done. And don’t forget the heatshrinktube, m8 :wink:

No I bought that from someone on the forum so I don’t have a warranty

All set :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah but how’s do you do that on xt90

I tried to do it but the bullet hole didn’t get hot enough

If you have a blow torch, it works wonders on 5.5 bullets… definitely gets them HOT

Ok, I can’t really tell from your photo but it definitely looks better @Halbj613. The key things you need to accomplish are enough solder that the wire stays in the connector even if you pull hard, and that there are no sharp jagged points sticking out that can cut through the heatshrink.

Try adding a bit more solder here

so the wire is more securely attached to the connector.

You cut the insulation a bit high so there’s quite a bit of exposed wire. I recommend you snip them and re-do it with about half the exposed wire you have now.

What soldering iron are you using? 20W?