Wtb 5.5mm bullet connectors (male) to xt90

Is it completely unusable

Redo it and make sure you know how to make a proper solder. You need a solder iron that has enough heat for those wires or you will always get weak and bad solders.

It should flow out nicely and be shiny, anything else is not ok. Get some solder flux also, it makes the solder flow and spread nicely.

To insulate you should use shrink tube. Don’t forget to put it on before you start soldering, we have all been there and needed to redo everything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes it’s unusable as is. Also get some ‘helping hands’ or a connector/bullet soldering jig, you have a lot of learning to do before being able to just throw a wire into a bullet on the loose and get a good result

2 Likes

No but, if you use it

And cause failure that could not only damage you but the parts in your board.

2 Likes

I’d be like cross threading two bolts outta 5 when putting tires on a car. Sure the tires are on there but its gonna get you hurt and not last long at all.

1 Like

What about the ones connecting the xt90 connector

None of it should be chunky or clumpy.
It should be smooth.
Watch the videos bud. You’ll see what you’re looking for.

1 Like

You will be fine.
Just make sure to post the video.

2 Likes

K I get it but it doesn’t talk about soldering two wires together only bullet connectors to wire

It’s horrid, all of it

Sorry

1 Like

Thanks better then me using it and then it breaking while riding

2 Likes

My first time looked like shit too. It happens.

1 Like

How do I take the solder off and separate it do I have to melt it again

You could stare at it till it comes apart

5 Likes

Seriously how

5 Likes

:rofl::joy:
Yep. That’ll work. Just give it time.

1 Like

Ok I’m maybe not being as helpful as possible I’m just having a little fun with the answer since I think that you would know that yes you need to reheat the connections in order to liquefy the solder and separate, this is where helping hands really help

The solder hardens very quickly so better if one hand is holding the iron and the other one pulling on the wire…so the other side needs to be secured sonehow

With this much poo on the bullets they would benefit from a mop up with copper braid, get a piece and have the tip of the iron on one side, the bullet on the other

I held the iron with my mouth last time i did phase wire extensions because i didn’t have helping hands lol. Not even joking

1 Like

That’s one…

1 Like