Wtb 5.5mm bullet connectors (male) to xt90

Maybe I can do a video for that specific case? So that every newcomer can understand it.

1 Like

holy hell, someone put a series of videos together for @Halbj613 - if no one, i’ll do it tonight.

4 Likes

Yeah but whos gonna hold him down and make him watch them?

5 Likes

For the future would it be a good idea, if we pin it to the topic board?

The phase wires are held on well the problem is with the xt90 that I can’t get it hot enough to melt the solder

This makes me nauseous.

1 Like

Xt90 are much harder to solder than bullets

2 Likes

Please check out some videos on YouTube your soldering is absolutely awful, you will get hurt or destroy your bord. You need to properly heat it and fill them upp completely. Just because to stick to the bullet when you pull them doesn’t mean they will stay there. Crappy soldering is a weak point that under stress will loosen or generate heat.

You are just being lazy now and trying to take a short cut. You will learn the hard way if you try to rush this…

what soldering iron / station are you using?

don’t take the criticism too harshly, i applaud you seeking help and showing what’s going on.

but…the splices you’re doing, definitely don’t use that.

1 Like

THis one

Also when soldering connectors that have no housing, don’t hold them with a metal tool. You will transfer the heat from the connector to the tool and you will have a much harder time getting the solder to mealt.

2 Likes

It could be the case, that the tip is worn out and he have to consider, to buy a new tip. And I clean my tip ervery time with a soldering sponge, when i had done a soldering joint.

1 Like

Before you start soldering when the tip is hot, clean it of on some wet paper and apply a small amount of solder so you maximize the heat transfer. Do this before ever solder you make

6 Likes

above both valid, also could be this unknown mystery brand soldering iron just doesn’t have the wattage to get up to temperature.

all of these things can add up to a bad time.

1 Like

Clean the tip of the iron regularly with a tip cleaner (copper tangle?) and a damp sponge.
Use Flux on both wire and connector.
Pre-tin the tip, the connector and the wire.
Use helping hands.

Edit. Late to the party

2 Likes

Or just do what you have been doing. 0 research. Beg for help. Recieve help. Don’t heed it. Don’t practice. Destroy stuff.

This is a damn pattern man. I know you are a kid, but what the hell?

5 Likes

Yes its probably to weak to do the XT90, with a solder iron with a small tip like that it will take at least 30 seconds before you even can start trying to apply the solder. You will need solder flux also so it fills the connector properly if you don’t have really good solder with a proper core of flux.

You need to put the solder iron that has been cleaned and prepped with solder so it touches both the wire and connector at all time until you are done, don’t remove it until you are completely done.

Use a plier to hold the XT90 and put as many rubber bands as needed on the hendkes to get the force to hold the connector steady.

1 Like

You do have access to YouTube right?

There’s tons of soldering videos and great tutorials on soldering wires, connectors aso.

How do I know?
Because I knew I had to refresh and update my soldering skills, so I went out and searched and learned.

Either way I have done it now and it looks good has strong connections

Pics?:face_with_monocle:

1 Like