WISDOM BUILD - First DIY Build. Looking for some advice and any wisdom

Thanks mate, I would of really liked them, but living in the Uk is a killer for parts it seems.

1 Like

I know, y’all got great stuff available over there but conversion of money and vat kills me

1 Like

Can we not live in an Import and VAT free world!

1 Like

UPDATE: Just received my trucks, couldn’t wait and had to put them on. Its starting to look like a skateboard now.

1 Like

Any recommendations for the cheapest but reliable ESC for a dual motor (6355) set up which can handle a 12S battery pack?

So far seen: Spintend Ubox, Focbox, Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 + other Flipsky’s

makerx go-foc retro

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Have you had experience with them yourself?

i have 2 boards for my friends running that exact same esc, both have been running fine till this day, but i have to say im running them at 10s since they were prebuilt mod.

If you stick to 10s i have a couple new Focbox + heatsink you might be interested, check my post. Not sure how they behave on 12s but i guess is not recommended.

I’m in Spain so shipping to UK is no issues nor extra taxes, i’ve sent there few parcels in the past weeks.

Actually, have known a bunch of dudes running Focboxes successfully on 12s.

3 Likes

How much are you charging for 1 focbox?

Ps I have seen the specs and it indicates it can handle a 12S battery.

1 Like

But you need 2 for the dual 6355, right?

Just to check are you selling a focbox unity? This ESC is can handle a dual motor set up.

1 Like

Nope, these are old single Focbox which are bomb proof and work flawlesly if you keep the settings on their limits.

You are talking about Focbox Unity which we don’t recommend to get since the owner is a known scammer and you have no warranty at all. You can get the Xenith (which is an upgraded version of the Unity) from some trusted vendors in the forum but of course it is more expensive than any of the other options but you get a high end product.

So, basically the affordable options for single are the old Focbox (the ones i offer you) or Makerx and for dual Spintend Ubox, Makerx again or Xenith if you are willing to spend more moneis.

1 Like

Thanks for those insights. I will keep your info in mind.

PS what grip tape design should I do on the deck? Go faster stripes?

1 Like

I like a lot the wooden marks (not sure how are they called) so i would just glassfrit the deck as it is.

But of course this is your personal choice, there is no good or bad griptape design… just what you like the most as soon as it works! :wink:

1 Like

I also like the wood grain look too. So I will probably use only a small amount of grip tape. Maybe some strips where my feet will generally be, but I would love to know any suggestions of designs not for performance but the look. See what other people have chosen for their boards.

You pushed more than 50A through it? I feel that would be the cap here for him.

1 Like

my settting for both are batt 20/-20 motor 50/-40

but i highly doubt both of my friend have pushed that much amps even more than a few seconds since we only have flat road here, with little short (10m) steep slope

1 Like

I would be wanting to push through 60A per motor. So a total of 120A, So I would need a ESC which could handle this. 200A Max continuous ESC would suit that way I have head room and don’t need to push the ESC to the max.

1 Like