Winter is coming

You heard me goddamnit, IDK how it is where you guys live, but once we hit Oct. here in MN you’re countin the days until snowfalls. And then it snows, and snows, and doesn’t stop until April. So I’m already feeling the anxiety about this impending doom and scheming on my next build…I want something that can handle lots of snow goddamnit, who’s got experience, stories, tip & strategies for such a build? Share your wealth of knowledge!

4 Likes

Just build a 4x4board or a baja-esque board.

shameless… :sweat_smile:

working on some updates for this season. hope i get ready with all till the first snow.

6 Likes

Say what you like, but a mammoth is still the best way of getting about in the snow John

9 Likes

I look forward to snow, just all that rain that gets me

yup I can’t wait for snow this year…

3 Likes

oh hell yeah. so its lookin like 4wd is a must. would you recommend a deck of non-wood medium (ie metal, fiberglass etc) or do you think 9+ply wood would be safe for snow?

Definitiv 4wd and big wheels.
9“ minimum

1 Like

9" min?? shoot, was hoping to get away with 8" lol. know any god/cheap ones on aliexpress or anything?

I was ok with studded 8“ on roads and where the snow is strong and not deep.
As soon as you want to drive in fresh powder I wouldn’t go below 9“.
Just get the mbs 9“ they not too expensive and have a big contact area.
I think @magharees found a cheap 9“ option on Ali, but not 100% sure

1 Like

Nothing is safe for snow , 4wd essential - just make sure to dry everything really well after :slight_smile:

EDIT: and bajaboard are 10"

1 Like

Get a unicycle :eyes:

1 Like

Move to San Diego.

1 Like

I’m impressed with this guy, he does some impressive depths lol

Edit: I did this on Bajaboard and resulted in a broken front belt

4 Likes

Haha I literally haven’t rode any of my boards in a couple months after getting a unicycle, it’s just to convenient and its fast as fuck

1 Like

or move to Scotland some might say winter never leaves - I didn’t have to wear a jacket 4 days this year … it WAS a good summer lol

2 Likes

1 Like

@b264 don’t u have stuff that’s water proof?

seems making boards weatherproof would introduce a whole new set of complexity - that doesn’t sound fun.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty sure belts ans snow don’t mix well.
Think that’s what normal brakes @b264 belts.

I think @Andy87 uses chains

1 Like

I guess this is a DIY forum…

First tat my wife did a while back

1 Like