[Wiki] Connectors and plug types

I got these, they are so tiny. Hard to solder to on the middle pin they are so close together.

2 Likes

Put a tiny piece of fishpaper bent in a U shape around it while you solder it.

3 Likes

Solder the middle first… you can also transfer heat from the backside of the terminal with the smallest drop of solder on the tip of your iron to bridge the gap for heat transfer. Thermal mass is small enough that you can then easily press a tinned wire into the open cup face & it will liquify

3 Likes

I managed but I think the phase were like 14awg going to a fs4.2.

1 Like

I plan on using 13AWG phase wires with the MR30

I’ll photograph the solder joints.

Where did you buy? I have Teflon 13 awg high strand, but don’t think I ever saw 13awg silicone on hobbyking. I’m sure Amazon probably has some but I try to avoid that

Not going to lie, I had a set of motors with 13awg and for some reason I really liked it

@Fosterqc yeah I can imagine 14awg would be pretty cramped on an xt30. I was thinking 16awg at the absolute largest. Anything larger than that and I’d solder middle first which would be a bigly ass joint, shrink wrap it, let the outer terminal joints flow over and hope for da bess

Man I love MR connectors so much. I also love the 30 size (shorty 2.5mm bullet?) in general. When I first started doing shit everything was still deans and shit, amass XT’s came like a year later.

AliExpress is the best place I’ve found to get wire.

Silicone-insulated 500 strand count tinned 13AWG wire:

Stripping teflon insulated wire is an exercise in futility. Ugh. LOL

fixed formatting of the wiki

1 Like

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: totally not fun.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this belong into the Citadel category? Also thanks for the addtition @b264

1 Like

The notification was because I linked a thread that you were OP on; this is a wiki.

2 Likes

Then thank you :slight_smile:

I was just thinking that this belongs into the citadel category, not into how-tos.

1 Like

What do you think about RJ45 (LAN) connectors for sensor wires?

Is anyone using these?

they ugly

1 Like

I ordered some, was going to put one into my top mount box for my charge-and-ride-setup.

2 Likes

On the contrary I wanted to get E-F / EW-M

1 Like

7 Likes

@haggyboard.timo @haggyboard.jeff

Can i get some maybe?:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah… No

Sadly you are gonna have to ask china.