[Wiki] Connectors and plug types

That looks interesting! Let us know how it worked out!

Im not so sure I’ll be using this anytime soon… price is 21,95 € for single female and 19,95 € for single male… so yea…
Maby some day :thinking:

1 Like

Oh. Well.

Yeah, it’s not that I haven’t found some great 2 in 1 options like that… It’s just for the price I could literally machine a custom housing for various connectors I’d be more happy with.

2 Likes

Connectors are a maze. I updated the wiki with some of my recent findings. Let’s finish the WIKI together!

1 Like

Even with a 2.5 mm I got tired of melting plugs at 5 A, moved to a GX12 and never had problems again

Do you mind sharing which plugs specifically melted on you?

1 Like

These are the highest current male, I think, of this style I could find.

Rated for 10 amps. voltage doesn’t mater. Surprised on the pic and they came with a cover to make them waterproof.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N21RV6G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I use these with those above and seem adequate for the 8amp I use them for.

2 Likes

A generic one I bought in an electronics shops

1 Like

yep I use those too

2 Likes

Anyone got a source in the uk

Yes, there are 5.5x2.1 rated for 10A and more. They use a shrapnel type interface inside which allows multiple contact points than just one. Have used them to carry 15A continuous and they get warm to the touch but not hot.

6 Likes

What about AMASS AS120 Connectors, they seem to incorporate an Antispark + extra connection leads, unless im getting confused.

anyone have better insights to this product?

1 Like

Has somebody used these connectors (XT150)? They dont seem to close all the way, im not sure if i should use them…

Is this mountable?

1 Like

Looking for a 6pin mountable connector for my enclosure for my sensor wires that’s not big or bulky

1 Like

Haggy sold one. It had a nice smooth outside so you could just drill a hole and glue it in.

1 Like

Do you know the name of the connector?

3 Likes

Are these mounting clamps thing for xt90 any good?

US $13.24 13%OFF | 2PCS New CNC Amass XT90 XT90-S Plug Card Holder Power Supply Battery Fixed Seat Mount Connector Deck Fixture for RC Multirotor

1 Like

First, I second this.

Second, I have NEVER overheated or had any issues with MR60 connectors for phase wires, and my desire for Amass to make MR90 connectors is probably mostly for mental comfort and not actual need.

But third, let’s discuss MR30 connectors. How much current would YOU feel comfortable pushing through them?

This video seems to suggest the XT30 can barely handle 60A of continuous current (75A desolders the connector in open air after 9 seconds) which leads me to believe the MR30 can probably handle most if not all of that, as it’s got the same bullet connectors internally.

Has anyone had MR30 connectors get hot? Has anyone tried them for phase wires?

3 Likes