Widening wheel hubs

Yeah they were the metroboard tires…

How about some stretched bergs next lol

12 Likes

If anyone wants to design a spacer for berg rims I am more than happy to test :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@rich or anyone else with a trampa truck can measure what is the length of the Trampa axles please? With and without the threads. As I understand when using just the wheels, you have to use a spacer right? I think with the the first tire I linked I would need to make the hub even wider or the pulley will need to be far away from the hub so the belt doesn’t catch on the tire itself

2 Likes

It is not exactly the same on every truck, measured both axles on one hanger so here both results:

axle length without threads 51mm/52,4mm
axle length with threads 61,6mm/62,5mm

Edit: 51mm and 61,6mm seems more standard, recognized the second axle sticks out a bit.

The standard spacer (marked in your pic) is 18,2mm

7 Likes

Thanks, this should give a lot more room, but the plastic spacer will have to be custom also

1 Like

The hub can be 80mm wide measuring from the outside without doing a two pieces spacer, and there is a lot of room to adjust the size until the tire looks the way you want

2 Likes

So cool. In that last render, will that much chubb still fit on a traditional hanger?

2 Likes

Yep, at least according to @rich measurements :rofl:

4 Likes

Awesome. Excited to see where this goes. This has already gone from concept to “oh shit this works” in record time.
Also, just when i was feeling good about my CAD skills i see this. Back to fusion i go!

5 Likes

Me too, I want to start this mountainboard soon so I can go on day long trips, or two days, to some nearby cities

Yeah, it’s just a matter practice, took me a long time to get here, only thing I will say is that YouTube is your friend

5 Likes

Lurch ?

:smiley:

33 Likes

Got this 1st one, they will look sick on wider setup !
I think the second one is what Andy show us :stuck_out_tongue: can’t wait to see more :+1:

1 Like

Nice, have some pictures of it mounted? And did you find is cheaper?

not that much +/-20€ / tire+air chamber if I remember well.
Can take photo tomorow (3AM here) on 9" rims. Not riding them yet … still have to finish, or start my MTBoard too ^^

2 Likes

Lets see who finishes first, I’m not for a good start since I don’t have any parts yet

2 Likes

^^ I’m not good at this, but if you push me, I will make it ride tomorow so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: jk
I plan maybe 10" rear and 9" front…

Still have to draw and make my drive … could take a year lol

1 Like

Only Trampa ATB or similar but not MBS Matrix II

I quote myself from my thread for more info about Trampa vs. MBS Matrix II

4 Likes

That’s pretty dope! How did you do that?

1 Like

Its on, for me I have to first finish my small board or my ebike , them tear down the hummie build for the battery, vescs and motors

1 Like

I tough it was you :sweat_smile: sorry … it a french esk8r :

airless berg on hub motors !

Edit: will link it tomorow if find it, now I have to go :grimacing::zzz:

8 Likes