Widening wheel hubs

Yeah, but with a few tweaks they would be great

@ducktaperules I was looking at your design again and only now realized that we did the same thing :smile:, the credit is all yours, when I first looked I understood that the spacer would be the new bearing seat

3 Likes

@ducktaperules

Is this what I think it is?? One of the outer hubs is now seating in the middle (with the printed ring) and thats how you overcame with the bearing seat issue? Fucking awesome!!

This thing is genius!! :heart_eyes::metal::yum::smiley:

4 Likes

You can drop an 8" onto the 9" megastar BTW. Even the 6.5 fits the 9" Megastars. It Ddoesnā€™t look right, but we have done it once.

8 Likes

So side by side comparison:

So whilst the hub is much wider it seems that the overall tyre width does not increase to much. This means that the hub sits closer to the outer edge of the wheel.

Also the offset is considerable :slight_smile: I think this would add much width to the board overall.

Another thing i realised (which seem obvious now) is that increasing the width slightly reduces the diameter. Donā€™t have a way to measure but it is worth considering.

Overall it looks like whilst the tyre is not that much wider, a lot more of the tread will be in contact with the ground .

11 Likes

@ducktaperules, @Pedrodemio if this thing works (like Iā€™m now 99% sure it will) Frankā€™s original concept will final cross the threshold as it should have been the first time. Awesome, awesome!!

I will jump on these (getting a Trampa hub set) if my dreamed thick & wide uro (or rubber) covers will be possible. Tell me it is possible, guys!!!

1 Like

Ok, it looks way cooler

I think I will first try 8" tires with and without the spacers and them move on to 9"

I only have 6.5" tires here, once I have a little time I will try them to see how it looks

@pixelsilva definitely, but I would try to cast your own wheels first to test

2 Likes

You mean your lips?

Iā€™ll finance the project.

@pixelsilva definitely, but I would try to cast your own wheels first to test

Just tell me if you need help or something? This is the best closest thing Iā€™ve seen for wide & thin cover wheels on hub rims since @MoeStoogeā€™s

Amazing concept with an incredible potential.

4 Likes

With thin urethane like gummies on hubs like this, at high speeds it will expand and possibly fall off the rim.

3 Likes

Yeah, just to give a cool look

I just took a Kenda tire and resized it to be wider

7 Likes

Can you please buy some 9x3-4 tires to fit on these or send me some spacers?? Gotta see this meatā€¦

1 Like

So these will work on SuperStars too? Nothing like a wheel thatā€™s wide and light.

Yours do need the two little ears that the @Pedrodemio design has to cover the original valve hole halves though.

How do I get a set?! Do want!! Want now!!!

8 Likes

I can print for you out of PETG if that will work

The ā€˜earsā€™ would be hard to print on both sides as one side needs to sit flat on the print bed. Unless the each spacer was 2 partsā€¦ or the ears were printed seperately and glued on

1 Like

With thin urethane like gummies on hubs like this, at high speeds it will expand and possibly fall off the rim.

So thicker wider urethane gummies work better IYO ?

I think itā€™s doable with supports, I design with them in mind,

1 Like

Ahh yes, supports. Never mind me, printing noob here :rofl: but the printer is dialled in nicely for petg, so yell out when you want a set of these printed @malJohann

2 Likes

Yell! :smiley: Soon as the ears are designed in, weā€™ll have to talk about cost too if you want to PM me. Iā€™ll be the test monkey for wide SuperStars with Urban Treads.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: beer is a universal currency mate :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

To add to this, moestooge took a set of 7 inch tires and stretched them on to pneumatic hubs with a spacer. It was effective. That board won A short course race with Mario C riding.

They donā€™t just look good, they also perform.

9 Likes

The legend :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture: you need to come down with them next time man

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the 155mm from metroboard I think?

1 Like