Wide nickel strips?

Where can I source super wide nickel that I can fold over the can of 21700s and then bridge p groups together? I looked at fog star and they have some stuff… but I want a solid piece that folds. Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d check some of the sellers listed in here and see if they have different sizes

1 Like

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/NickelPlatedStripReel1_20.html

https://www.amazon.com/0-15mm-Battery-electrode-Welding-Machine/dp/B081VMRSBJ

1 Like

All these links are for nickel plate shit

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot has been selling a bunch of nickel kits for that size battery on their site

2 Likes

I believe that @ZachTetra or @iamasalmon could help you out here.

3 Likes

i was just about to suggest @ZachTetra since he has a thread using some pretty wide stuff. His packs look pretty solid.

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

I like to use 30x0.2 from steel City Store on AliExpress

I’ve got another 20m on the way

8 Likes

Getting risky nickel from a place called Steel City Store

The meme potential here is so high :rofl:

4 Likes

Take big risks, get big rolls…it sure as hell beats getting little chunks at higher cost from nkon or something

2 Likes

I agree with your strategy, but the name of the store makes it comical.

4 Likes

as long as you can solder to it. I accidentally got a whole roll of stainless. Can’t solder shit to it.

it would make some great cos-play woven armor though.

3 Likes

I’ll second steel city nickel ordered a couple kilo’s over the summer from them. Haven’t gotten any fake shit so far but it takes like 3 months to get here :confused: at least I’m all stocked up now!

Seriously tho 30mm nickel is the shit I hate using anything else now.

3 Likes

Not quite the wide-strips people are talking about though :wink:

6 Likes

Staggered 8! Staggered 8!

Also - maybe a 9 with 5 up four down and four down five up for new flux build!

2 Likes

Fogstar have wide solid nickel back in stock.

2 Likes

Thanks for the sauce!

I’ve found Shenzhen Alsace tools store has a much better seller rating and also stocks 0.2 x 25mm rolls of supposedly pure nickel.

For folding nickel strips over p groups like you’ve shown do you think 30mm wide is better than 25mm? (Making a 12s4p p42a flexy pack for reference).

1 Like

Depends on the size of the P-groups. Single layer or double layer? 18mm or 21mm cells?

2 Likes

It’s going into an eBoosted Sportster enclosure so single stack flexy 12s4p, p42a 21700 :wink:

1 Like