Sourcing nickel strip [SRO]

12 Likes

Need only 3m of nickel strip. What about this seller?

Second order from the same Aliexpress shop that was recommended on Endless Sphere, been scratched up and in salt water for a week, I think it’s good :joy:

AU $74.35 26%OFF | T0.15 W12mm pure nickel belt 18650 26650 li-ion battery nickel plate 0.15*12mm nickel terminal 99.9% pure nickel strip
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ldV9LSHK

1kg for 75 AUD is a pretty sweet deal, highly recommend.

4 Likes

Hey guys, we need take care with nickel plated stainless steel, there is no way to know using salt and water. But I discovered using solder, when I was removing the weld from my pack and the nickel was separeted from the steel.
Please someone tell me where I can find Solid Nickel Strip ?

this is the eternal question.
always test each roll of nickel before you start. I have gotten good nickel from vendors that subsequently sold bunk nickel.
Amazon has some quick, and you can return it if it’s fake.
or else it’s the slow boat from China and a long wait and a gamble to boot.

Fogstar has some and they test and certify (!) but they sold out of my favorite sizes.

I’m trying to build up a stock to offer people here a domestic source but buying nickel is risky and slow. Been waiting 2 months for one kg and 1 month for another. If it’s fake I’ll loose my shit.

2 Likes

@poloace I don’t know if this seller is legit

1 Like

So funny… i literally just ordered they right before you sent based on another users reccs. Find out early October

1 Like

The Steel City Store you linked is legit, I have ordered from them a few times

1 Like

i have 10kg of 34.5mm wide if you want some i can cut them for you and ship it out tmr.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

Is "Steel City Store* dead? I can’t access that link or find anything on Google.

Yeah the steel city store is gone, in my order history the store name is a different name which is also gone.

However when I search the exact same product name (of my steel city order) on Aliexpress you get this:

I bet “Online2 tools Store” is the third name of steel city but no idea why they change the name so often :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Usually to evade something like taxes, bad reviews, or federal laws of sales

3 Likes

Thanks for the note. I figured it was the same product! Will order those.

3 Likes

I ordered some. It’s been sitting in brine for 2 days with no sign of corrosion. Seems legit.

Did you scratch it first or cut the corner off?

Yeah, I roughed it up some with some 150 grit.

2 Likes

Did anyone have success buying from any of the above links? I am looking to buy strip for my 12s4p battery using reclaimed 25Rs but am not having much luck. I think the equivalent link to the one a few posts back is 0.2mm * 30mm Pure Nickel Plate Strap Strip Sheets 99.96% pure nickel for Battery electrode electrode Spot Welding Machine|Tool Parts| - AliExpress but it has “plate” in the title so I don’t know if that’s good stuff or not. Something like 0.2mm Pure Nickel - 4P 18650 P-Group Tabs – Duck Battery Systems would probably be perfect but I don’t know if those will ever be back in stock. Maybe I should think about 4P 21700 0.2mm Pure Nickel Strip — MBoards and cutting it to fit? Would love to hear what people are buying and building with

2 Likes

@glyphiks

Hope you stocked up, $126 now :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah nickel prices skyrocketed when Russia got a hard on for war.

I’m actually low, but it is what it is. Gotta spend money to make money.