Why is no one making / selling top mount enclosures?

it would definitely take a lot of torture testing. honestly, something like cyboard could be the next best thing. THICC integrated deck, lined on the bottom with some kind of armor, perhaps even aluminum or steel.

1 Like

i’ve seen way worse. Those actually look pretty good. There’s still something between my feet, but it looks rather nice. Kind of surprised by how not repulsed I am about it being there.

and the boxes themselves are rather attractive.

1 Like

those look really good. best looking top mounts ive seen, maybe. ive gotta ask, what is that stick in the middle of the one all the way in the back?

1 Like

Looks like tall loop keys

1 Like

That’s a loopkey with a long ass grip. Similar to this one:

It belongs to an 11yo and he wanted it exactly like that. He painted the deck too, he’s the best :grin:

9 Likes

It’s also my exact opinion

3 Likes

hear me out…
line the entire enclosure with those weird ass flowboard wheel bars. itll just roll over everything.
im about 50% sarcastic and 50% hopeful on this one.

1 Like

Pretty decent looking! Good job with yours

2 Likes

For me there’s nothing like the sleek look of a Kaly or Flux urban carver. But when you need the function over the form… there’s still room for some form. For example, I believe that closely matching the width of the deck and making the enclosure simmetrical in the longitudinal axis is key (and why I hate peli cases)

4 Likes

like… some kind of grind cage.

2 Likes

I built someone a RE44 enclosure using the same steel as the cyboard, he hops down curbs and tries his best to destroy it, and its still fine

11 Likes

UHMW would do it, maybe aluminum + that could fulfill those desires

2 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess but :metal:

yeahhhh exactly.
brb gonna coat this mov e deck entirely in molten steel /s

3 Likes

can you buy that shit dissolved in a liquid in a can or something? So it could be casted or applied over an armature?

1 Like

Lmao I don’t think so but that’s funny to think of

yo hold up guys. ELECTROFORMING.
wait. electroplating. electroforming is a little different.
fibreglass enclosure, one layer of CF as you need a conductive surface to electroplate on, electroplated metal.

You can start with an electroless copper or nickel coating, or even a colloidal metal (in liquid plastic) coating, as the base to allow electro-plating. Same thing they would do for flowers, sneakers, and other non-conductive items.

6 Likes

i just said CF to make brian hate it
you can even use simple conductive paints to electroplate directly on wood/glass/etc.

4 Likes

also you really have to block those pesky radio signals. Government mind control waves can affect remote performance.

8 Likes