Why is no one making / selling top mount enclosures?

It’s not all about radio. Glass also has physical properties aside from that which seem to be more compatible with electric skate vehicles.

Yeah, i was agreeing with you. I just wanted to dispel the notion that carbon can let you build lighter. It can, but the difference on a typical esk8 is tiny
You would have to do something dumb like build a board around a hollow tube to see any benefit

7 Likes

they have to say that for legal reasons. I never wear clothes while working with toxic, corrosive chemicals because that’s how you ruin your clothes. Hole in skin? heals. Hole in clothes? well… wait for a JCPenny’s sale again i guess.

10 Likes

ironically, only the muriatic acid method says you need clothes.
i used to wash my hands with the stuff when i did boat detailing work, though. im not very bothered by corrosive substances.

i gargle with 99% isopropyl every morning.

3 Likes

Idc if a bottom mount enclosure was 100% indestructible… I would never put one on a true mtb. The amount of rocks and stumps I drive over would full stop any enclosure material. I would be dragging like a mofo. Not to mention how you can no longer go over hills without bellying out. I get that no one wants a top mounted box for the looks… Hence why this topic and others exist.

5 Likes

yeah ground clearance is the primary issue, which is why we need 12" tires.

1 Like

make the switch to everclear and thank me later :wink:
guys, just make the entire edge of your board a chainsaw, and never worry about clearance again.

3 Likes

i legit cant imagine the 1.5 inches~ of clearance i would lose from a strong bottom mount being that much different from a top mount, functionally. if it had some kind of rolling bar cage on it, even better.

There are ways…

8 Likes

best commercial ever.

2 Likes

I can lol. I hit my front hanger on debris sometimes. A whale belly on the bottom would be scarificed to the forest in no time. Not to mention jumping with an under enclosure :grimacing:

3 Likes

dodecahedron would look really cool, but be very impractical

3 Likes

in all seriousness though, single stack, steel, bottom mount doesnt seem like it would cause issues to me. using my nearest board as reference, i have about 2.5 inches clearance from the enclosure, running 5 inch tires. switch to 8, and that hits around 4 inch clearance. and this things drop through.
i think a full steel chassis style mountainboard would not only work, but be badass.

4 Likes

Design it and build it and I’m happy to test it out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have two antennas run up to the top of My Deadly Sin (the pitbull) because the whole thing is carbon fibered (remote and Metr)

Going for the ESK8 Core i9 look?

WJ8oVKuX67fc7kJuCaSRV

8 Likes

Hell yeah

1 Like

Honestly with the addition of some glitter, rhinestones and imagination, it’s hard to beat a pelican case. Checks all the boxes.

10 Likes

Oooohhhh…a revenue-generating opportunity…ESK8 Bedazzling Kits!

6 Likes