Whooshboards motor mounts, truck, pulleys +++

Is there a USA source you know of?

I don’t consider this affordable, ceramic is also not my thing.

Nice work up there. We appreciate vendors fielding our endless request for solutions to meet our own very specific build requirements.

4 Likes

My first version that you see at the top was with 176mm hangers :smile:

1 Like

150mm sounds interesting, If we look at 3dservisas pushfit pulleys (since i have them on hand), they add like 15mm to the wheel width. It would allow to use a 180mm front truck while keeping the overall width the same (with 2 pulleys included) on the back truck.
dual 6374 with one mount pointing forward, one mount pointing backward ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a possibility. You could do the same with Sr tkp, but I am not sure there is any other rkp setup that allows for this on the market

Quick questions, is the hanger compatible with existing caliber mounts, or will it need custom clamps ?
Also how much width is there left on each side of the hanger to attach the mount ?
You talked about the pivot, but is the overall geometry compatible with randal/caliber/paris baseplates ?

1 Like

No, not same profile, but simple square, thicker than caliber. Bushing seat and rake same as sabre forged precision, height and pivot currently same as calibers, so will fit caliber baseplates. But testing other pivots also.

3 Likes

Omg, it’s going to end up with more holes than a Swiss cheese…

Have considered thickening the motor mount by 1mm for structural strength?

It’s 6.9 except where the motor is, there it is 5.9 to give clearance for short motor axles (maytech) and can clearance on caliber trucks

Well, then you have plenty of space. Most mounts nowadays come with 10mm thickness. That’s a full 1 centimeter thick! So you can easily add 1mm or 2mm thickness to your mounts without major detrimental on motor mounting space (no more than 2mm to 4mm total) but in exchange you will get a most robust motor mount with enough structural strength to cope with the hole profusion you are incorporating in your design.

2 Likes

Sounds like mountain board mounts? Was thinking making it thick all over, with no double sided milling, on E-calibers you need all the space you can get for motors. It is made in 7075-T6.

1 Like

@Boardnamics 184mm hangers are ten times better than CaliberE and almost drop-in compatible

Those CaliberE bend a lot

1 Like

Can you make press-fit mounts instead of using clamps?

Yes, is there an advantage with press fit in this case?

1 Like

With clamps there is possibility of slippage. So the press-fit mounts would eliminate this problem.

1 Like

It keeps everything straight and true but doesn’t offer you the ability to move around the clamp

So you’ll need long axles combined with the shortest possible hanger width

I don’t think it’s necessary on a precision truck

1 Like

I think this will cause more issues with slippage as it depends on what materials you combine and how they tear on each other. The press fit solutions I have used in the past had one material being harder than the other, so one of the parts deformed creating a good bond. Similar Alu against alu would not do the same I think.

I meant slippage parallel to axis of axles, not rotation around axle. I think there is a case for pressfit.

I just think it’s more refined method to secure motor plates. Not sure if I fully agree with @moon’s point about axle length and hanger length considerations being a problem/hassle.

I guess comes down to personal preference.

3 Likes

I understand the direction of slippage, that would not happen with press fit yes. But it must be something off with those clamps used in that case

1 Like

I disagree. Most mounts are around 1/4” or about 6mm thick. There are some MTB mounts that are extra thick. And @Janux-esk8 has 10mm thick mounts because the hanger clamp is integrated into the motor plate, thus enough surface area contact was needed for the clamp. For the large majority of users here, 6mm 6061 works very well. Only when the lengths get very long do you see more flexing. Then again, that’s easily fixed with crossbars

3 Likes