Whooshboards motor mounts, truck, pulleys +++

A lot of press-fit pulleys ride on the axle and adding spacers and stuff to line up belts and/or allow for lining up drivetrains or using motors that are just a little bit too big, et cetera. Axles that aren’t too short help all of those things. Also ensures the wheel bearings are riding on solid axle and not on threads.

5 Likes

For precisely that @Mikaelj :point_up_2::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@Sn4Pz @bwahl602 Added some 38mm bolt pattern for racerstar 50xx to the 73mm motor plates:

9 Likes

I thought it was 30mm pattern not 38

1 Like

Then you need to think again :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

there are two different patterns floating around

I recently ordered two 5045 racestars and one came with 30mm and the other with 38, which is annoying. Aliexpress
Flipskys are 38 and the racestarts are supposed to be 38. Which is the same motor with a different axle retention on the can

5 Likes

got a pic?

We need a good 30mm mount :clap:

This looks nice, though I’ll probably never use racestar motors :man_shrugging:t2: I’ve already got my small motor build… Time to go beeeeg

Omg, it’s going to end up with more holes than a Swiss cheese…

6 Likes

what motors?

1 Like

Hey I’m not saying you need it make it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I appreciate you changing your product to support more motors though, gives people more options and you more chances to make money :wink:

There’s no perfect truck for every setup :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Maytech 5570s, or other 30mm motors… Though I’m not sure how many other motors use the mounting pattern :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yea the clearance advantage of 50mm motors will be nullified by a 63+mm wide bracket. Im not sure what the adoption would be like from customers.

Thats why so many got away from making the 50mm mounts.

4 Likes

I think 30mm is the most used for 50xx motors, but most esk8 folks use racerstar with 38mm

5 Likes

Despite what I’ve said earlier, I’ll be scooping those 80xx mounts of yours for my next build if I can’t bring myself to buy the hypertrucks bundle :wink:

With racestar motors wouldn’t your ideal market be evolve clones / evolve users with broken mounts or other hardware? Maybe try to poke your brand into Reddit/facebook and get some traction there, since most motors used here aren’t 38mm :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Maybe I should make some Cybertrucks in stainless… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll be watching :eyes:

1 Like

It just does not look right with them on either, think I will have to do 50xx spesific mounts later instead

1 Like

So what you are saying is that you want something like this? Replying to myself/poll :joy:

6 Likes

The “minimum that can fit two narrow motors and 15mm belts”.

People probably in my opinion picked 150mm because it was the only option under 200.

I think somewhere around 175mm to 180mm is the minimum required for that.

2 Likes