Whooshboards motor mounts, truck, pulleys +++

They aren’t the same, but mostly compatible. The BN “precision” series clamps do not fit Caliber, only BN.

I don’t have any, but I’d guess Whoosh mounts probably fit BN hangers. If they don’t, JB Weld fixes anything.

5 Likes

Thanks to @dani for sharing his knowledge :+1:

https://dosimplecarbon.com/whooshboards-precision-truck-stress-analysis/

7 Likes

Looking forward to see them in real life!

1 Like

Ingenious @Janux-esk8 :thinking::smirk: what happened with the unique janux 360 rotational lock system™?

2 Likes

I always forget that I need to tell people when I am being sarcastic… if you are done posting your product shots on my vendor corner thread, the slot lock system you have there on the evolve truck is called “Whooshboards 360 radially laterally in the Janus system lock™” Go put that on your webshop if you wish… There… Its out of the system

4 Likes

All good bro! Feel free to delete anything I posted on this thread :wink:

1 Like

mikael, looks to me like marc took your idea and ran with it. assuming prior art, i hope every motor/gear mount manufacturer adopts or evolves marc’s iteration of your idea. i, for one, will forever celebrate the genius that set the ball in motion :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

What 50xx motors are people running these days? Still racerstar with 38mm bolt pattern?

2 Likes

Racerstar 5065

3 Likes

Racestar 5065 all the way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yea the race star 38 matches what flipsky sells as well, which is the same motor

1 Like

5 Likes

What trucks and mounts are those? @mutantbass

The mounts have a 30mm hole so I used a file to extend the holes in a X shape.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: Haha, seagull trucks :joy: what a name. Wonder where they got the inspiration from :smirk: (Gullwing)

4 Likes

Would be cool if you knocked out a precision short hanger 50.xx setup Mikael.

3 Likes

do you do one-offs with custom motor patterns?

1 Like

Yeah, currently thinking about how to differentiate from the rest… According to the trend going on, the whooshboards trucks would have to be 400mm hangers to be in the forefront :joy:

1 Like

No, sorry, only minimum volumes of 20pcs ++ What are you after?

1 Like

hey thank you so much for getting back to me. really love your quality and attention to detail, at this time i don’t think any other motor mount maker holds a candle to you

i’m not expecting anyone else to need this hoyt pattern, so i’ll have to make do with x-pattern mounts with lower finish quality. or worse, drill out an existing mount

3 Likes