Who will be the new king when it comes to esc's?

yeh but then I am afraid they will say to PayPal in our terms there is no refund and bye bye. Anyhow asked them and flipsky, so will see if they are actually the same thing.

Their instagram seems legit, new but legit.
https://www.instagram.com/spintendpower/

3 Likes

I sent a message to the guy at Flipsky. At least they will know in case they are using their logo.

2 Likes

remote pcb (from their fb page)

1 Like

Without a doubt.
More power and speed comes a whole level of new problems both on the electrical and mechanical.

The way I see it. People who chase speed and performance will hope to bolt up to 16s and solve their already over taxed drive system problems. It will not. The gold standard 6374 drive system will continue to see searing hot motor temps and belt failures.

Reliability needs built into performance. For those who already push their 12-13s drive/thermal limits. 16s will require more than just 16s alone.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t matter. “Goods not as described” is a very strong phrase in PayPal headquarters. I can usually get defective products refunded on eBay even if eBay and the seller both have “no refunds or returns accepted”

2 Likes

good to know. I got fucked in tha past by Paypal the only time I need their intervention, so I am bit on the worried side with them.

3 Likes

My pants were for various reasons watching that. lol

3 Likes

@MoeStooge video BTW.

3 Likes

Oh shit they follow me on Instagram :laughing:

1 Like

Ahaha, but I can see why. Your I insta is pretty cool. For sure their products are real. To many details match up between remote and vesc. The problem is to understand if it will work and for how long.
The possibility to turn on/off Canbus connection is great. That will allow to switch between single or dual motors config.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what ESC were you using when you tested 16s?

3 Likes

If my math is correct, you can get the same wattage with less amps,therefore less heat, when you increase voltage. Where would the heat be coming from to cause melting? Do ESC’s run hotter at higher voltages? Why do ebikes and unis use higher voltages? I want to learn.

4 Likes

This :+1:t4:

They use bigger voltage because fast and powerful ebikes are not built with toy electronics.
They have strong esc with proper heatsink, big motors with lower Kv to accommodate the higher voltage and often bigger batteries too. It both lighten the load on the ESC and raise the top speed potential. Just need to be done properly.

However one important point : it won’t matter much for the motor a same fixed power in W, the motor will still have to cope with the same level of phase amps.

Tldr : You still need to do a good parts match up everywhere. Reward is more power and to speed. Failure is crash or fire or worse.

@MoeStooge maybe you’re referring to people pulling more power from their setup because higher voltage available? And bigger strain on motors because more rpm? So you were saying people will melt their drivetrains?

Or are you saying that there won’t be any decent high voltage ESC for esk8?

The way I see it, at 70mph on 800kv 109mm wheels you’re already pushing rpm and phase amps of your motors on your boards. Which means for similar quality drivetrain with proper gearing and kv, the higher voltage itself is no hurdle.

So it’s not about higher voltage, it’s about having better motors and gears and wheels.

4 Likes

How many focboxes did you need to send them?

11 Likes

You’re a savage :joy:

9 Likes

Good lord :joy:

6 Likes

Totally forgot about that, @BillGordon did you get anything back in that deal?

3 Likes

Thanks for the in depth breakdown!

This is why I’m using trampa’s 118kv motors on my 16s Stormcore build.

4 Likes

So some of what we use (wheels, bearings, motors, trucks, …) will potentially melt/fail at that kind of voltage? I mean, will going 20S also means investing in a whole new mechanical set up as well?

2 Likes

I’ll take a crack at it:

Two identical boards. One is 12s the other is 20s.

To achieve the same unweighted top speed the gearing ratios or the motor kv will have to change.

• If you only change the KV then there shouldn’t be any change in mechanical failures between the two boards. Drivetrain RPM stays the same*
  • If you change the gearing ratio, the motor+drivetrain will be spinning at a higher RPM than the 12s board. This new RPM could cause failures in a drivetrain made for 12s RPM values.

I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.

4 Likes