Who will be the new king when it comes to esc's?

First post here so here goes:

I just had a thought last night about enertion and the focbox. I have been interested in doing a diy board with my mate and watched a few things on youtube about diy boards. The focbox unity seemed to be the best esc when it came to diy board but seeing as enertion now are out of business eventually we will run out of unitys. In your opinion’s what do you reckon is gonna be the next esc that will take its place?

7 Likes

Well the designers moved over to Lacroix to actually get paid for their work and not be associated with a dumbass. So their new product will replace the Unity at the similar price point but better overall. Plus the zoom-zoom verson

Trampa will still be on top of them all just because, I see them hopefully releasing something slightly lower cost someday in the future. That will be good, everything they do is great.

Dexter is bringing out his TB6, which at $135 is a killer on price to performance. His stuff is so good.

@Gamer43 will still be writing his firmware in 10 years so don’t worry about that. JK Haggy will sell their own ESC and it will be very dope!

pick your poison

22 Likes

EuphoricDizzyArmadillo-size_restricted
Flipsky

15 Likes

my vote does to the Jedboxes
unobtanium

7 Likes

Is that your computer?

3 Likes

Fortunately not.
Although the gpu does have a blown fuse bridged with a soldered wire… could be any second

2 Likes

True

It looks like they knew it was going to happen

2 Likes

Really?

LaCroix Stormcore at … $400
vs
Torqueboards TB6 at … $135

You don’t need to be a genius :wink::sunglasses:

10 Likes

I believe it should be:

Torqueboards TB6 at … $270

135$ is the price for one, they are not dual

13 Likes

Ok then…

Stormcore$400 +
vs
TB6$270

10 Likes

Imo
Stormcore is by the same engineers
As unity
And is a upgraded unity
Top (v)esc verses best $ value that’s for everyone to work out

2 Likes

So $130 more for rock solid customer service and actual market leading ongoing creative development, along with built in features and ease of use?

Yeah… stormcore all day every day without question

22 Likes

Stormcore team is doing what Jason wasn’t willing to do to survive:

Be legitimate

5 Likes

Who knows about that :beer: :kiss:

What defines the new king ESC :crown: BTW?

Are we talking specs, reliability, QC, form factor, look, ecosystem with data and user interface, customer service, after sale / warranty, price to spec ? All of this above?

And of course there goes the usual performance / quality / cheap with where you can only select two of the three.

So what do people seek after all, a cheap king, a weak king or a strong king? Is this a place for a single throne or a place where multiple thrones shall rise?

And the most important question : how much power are you people even able to pull from your boards :checkered_flag:

I believe the next limit incoming won’t be ESCs anymore but your own flesh and souls.

5 Likes

The question is who will be king
After unity for diy
Stormcore has pedigree and price
So pedigree or price
V esc or v esc
Trampa has vesc and price

1 Like

I Agree king is abstract

2 Likes

Definitely looking for a new esk8 Messiah to eventually crucify as well here.

I wanna see how these options pan out before I swear my oath. I can’t be hurt again.:dizzy_face:

3 Likes

In all I bet people will go to the best experience for end user.

The rest is all bells and whistles, what matters is something fully functional, powerful, reliable with fine control and data and strong CS on top.

Reasonable price is an extra goodie too.

2 Likes

No king likes to street face

2 Likes

Yeah… stormcore all day every day without question

…meaning what? That TB6 is crap? As far as I know non has been totally proven, so at this moment is hard to make a complete assessment of both systems, right?

So for now, without knowing the true performance and reliability of both VESCs the only sure thing is the price, and Stormcore is almost double than TB6.

2 Likes