Who wants bigger urethane wheels?

Dang so the kegel hole pattern doesn’t work with 28 mm bearings?

until someone start dropping curbs with them :joy:

i’d say using a 28mm bearing seat would work great, since
6001 bearing is 12ID28OD (8mmW)
and
638 bearing is 8ID28OD (9mmW)

but 10mm axle u don’t have much choice except have the bearing seat at 26 or 30mm (exclude 22mm because its shit)

yes, 6001 is 28x12x8

1 Like

So with a 28mm OD, you can find bearings that will fit 12, 10 and 8mm axles. That’s pretty good!

2 Likes

For 8mm, another option would be to use a spacer and put in a typical 22mm bearing.

YES

1 Like

I think @RipTideSports was working on something similar in this thread, but an affordable variant for the rest of us mere mortals was a way off iirc:

3 Likes

Not sure if you still need more Yessses, but YES PLEASE!

1 Like

130 x 8 cp and fit 10mm and are more squishy/comfy than normal thanes. I will buy.

I don’t think there is 10ID28OD bearing

Infinityhub tried that method, some people are having tolerances issue iirc

1 Like

There is, 16100 is 28OD10ID

https://www.skf.com/de/products/rolling-bearings/ball-bearings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/productid-16100

All Tanuki Wheels use a 28OD8W spacing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

just do standard 8mm axle bearings. We are so niche compared to the rest of the skate industry that if you don’t do this and also sell these wheels to non-esk8 builders you may not have enough viability.

6 Likes

Been using InfinitiHubs since they came out and no tolerance issues here, at least nowhere near as bad as evolve hubs.

1 Like

sweet, then 28 bearing seat is the best dia to do @fujio001

4 Likes

Definitely in! 28mm bearing seat. Pulleys for them would be no problem.

4 Likes

We thinking MBS or Trampa hole pattern? I would assume we are sticking with 5 bolts

Wait that might not leave much thickness in the urethane, maybe Berg or Hoyt pattern? Only 3 bolts kinda worries me though since it’s a plastic core

1 Like

Make use with retaining ring to get even pressure

Not sure if bergs pattern is still popular, but we can adopt the hoyt pattern since it’s a newer design?

2 Likes

Hoyt 5" is another pentagon pattern, I think that might be the move

2 Likes

then someone is gonna use hoyt rim on jump drive if it hasn’t happen already :joy:

1 Like

For ungodly levels of torque? You know you can fit 72T pullies on 125mm wheels right :grin:

1 Like

My vote would be a press fit type like kegal or abec, ish. With a bearing in the pulley. Could also use BN m1 streets.

6 Likes