Who are the best YouTube reviewers at the moment?

If you’re looking for entertainment, pretty much all of them make decent quality videos that are pretty entertaining IMO, but if you’re looking for genuine information on a product your choices become much slimmer. My vote goes to;

@ShutterShock

@Lee_Wright

@TheBoardGarage

S tier content creators, y’all are the backbone of the DIY community for real.

5 Likes

Thank you, means a lot! Always trying my best. I have tons of content in the boiler too - just… time lol

2 Likes

For sure, personally I’ve not had any bad interactions with the guy so cant say hes personally on my list but with that in mind will be wary, we have shared contacts with industry reps so curious if any of them are aware of his behavior.

Any indication it might be like a legit psych issue, I’ve had bi polar friends and I know how quick that switch can flip.

Bro i know the feeling I’ve been on the bench for 9 months lol sitting on projects.

Haha yeah I’ve pretty much been able to keep up my vid every two weeks, but if I had more time I could easily do one a week

I’m swamped by the amount of work just building a board, I can’t imagine making it take 3 times as long to get quality detailed shots of the things I do, props to all y’all.

1 Like

Lol filming my battery builds - yep. Especially forcefully doing things in a specific order for filming haha

1 Like

Once you get a schedule and cadence down it gets easier, but just getting that process to tirn.over is a pain initially or if you fall off the horse, literally and metaphorically its a drag to spin back up lol.

1 Like

I started a new podcast and built a recording robot just so I didn’t have to deal with setting up every time.

I like Kami Juin. There is something about his videos that is relaxing.

I also appreciate the technical detail from RBE. I also like the rating scale.

If you could combine the two styles together, that would be pretty epic.

6 Likes

For brands it’s pros and cons, if a problematic individual brings in money then they will ignore the racism, abusive and toxic stuff that goes on as long as their average buyer isn’t aware or doesnt care.

I do think he should listen to his local riders who have tried 2 or 3 interventions with him, to get him to seek help. He gets angry and aggressive so most just give up, tolerate him and only speak quietly to each other to avoid his wrath. It’s no wonder he is ostracised by new yorkers in the pev community. I sincerely hope he just gets help, works on himself, that’s all you can ask for when you call out brands and people, that they do better.

1 Like

A personal favourite of mine, entertaining And informative, goes into detail about ride feel which is seldom covered the same way by others. Interesting fact about the Kami Juin channel is that Kami is his dog’s name, not his… I’m 97% sure.

Super humble dude, insanely talented.

3 Likes

Good for sure, but man sometimes I’m just too tired to read

I really like kamis videos but I’d be hesitant to recommend him to a newer rider due to how positively he speaks about things like massive stator and flipsky, entirely likely that the positive things he’s saying are true in his case but it may encourage newer riders to believe “oh well kami clearly knows what he’s doing so let me get the same stuff he did, let’s look at massive stator.” Perfect in terms of entertainment though, I really do love watching his videos.

7 Likes

That’s why we have so many different youtubers, each appeals to different people. We can’t control what people do after watching a video, or who watches, what experience/knowledge they have, only our own actions. I’m not into DIY but I LOVE the DIY side of his builds. I would love a Lee Wright x Kami Juin crossover.

2 Likes

Honestly Lee is the last person I would’ve thought of but that does sound like a super interesting idea, a Trampa apex mountainboard build with both of them together would be really cool.

You should tag them and suggest it :slightly_smiling_face:

Does kami have an esk8 news account?

2 Likes

No, thought you meant Apex and Trampa together

That would also be really cool, I just figured I’ve seen a lot of Trampa stuff in a lot of kamis builds and ofc there’s a lot of apex stuff in Lee’s builds. Just thought it would be a cool idea to mix their “specialties” you know?

1 Like