Who are the best YouTube reviewers at the moment?

The proportions make it look smaller than it is in the images, and the fact that it can still be tucked under an arm makes it seem smaller too. But yes, it is not a “small” board by any stretch. Just slender compared to other boutiques who are packing larger batteries and AT wheels.

2 Likes

It looked really nice and comfy when I saw it in Portland though. Seemed like a very similar experience to the hummie, but with even more space to stand

1 Like

I stood on it and it has a real nice amount of flex. The segmented enclosure is sweet.

2 Likes

esk8unity only seems to “review” brands that give him a promo code to make money from… not so much a review but a revenue stream. He does seem to “trash” brands that don’t give him a promo code to make money from.

Many noticed he changes his tune about boards/brands after they gave him a promo code lol to make money from - suddenly becomes a more positive review.

Some of the brands that have sold him boards have “whispered” to each other about issues after “selling” him a board. Some of his content seems to be genuine but not all sadly.

On a positive note, he seems to have stopped stalking people like Daniel Kwan, etc so well done to him for working on his issues.

2 Likes

I vote

Scott Davies - lotta boards, down to earth, sincere

Kami Juin - unmatched, insanely good stuff, doy and production boards

rbe e-motion - lotta detail, technical, etc

thomasbboystretch - super passionate about esk8, a rider’s rider if you know what I mean

3 Likes

Guy is a straight up looney tune. Should see the DMS I got from him after calling him out on his ignorance toward diy, and the affiliate link bias. Telling me to fly from Australia to fight him :joy:. Have to wonder if onsra or the other brands know how many screws are loose on their ambassador.

1 Like

Onsra knew, they had quite a few complaints from riders. They temporarily stopped working with him expecting it to quieten down but eventually they stopped working with him officially. Unofficially they did for a while.

At the start he was offering a lot of “free” work to brands to gain his followers, now he uses that subscriber base/viewing count number to threaten brands.

In terms of the DMs, people newer to esk8 dont know but anyone who has been riding for a long while knows about esk8insanity fred. Truth be told, he just needs some help and he can actually try to do some good. People have tried to get him to seek the help he needs but he lashes out so people around him just stay quiet rather than deal with his toxicity and abusive DMs.

2 Likes

Pavel Garmas… But he is more like DIY and part reviews.

I know him personally, he’s very manipulative. And what you said about his bias against any brands that don’t give him free shit is 100% true.

Go look at any of his reviews on boards he had to pay for. All negative.

2 Likes

Funny you say that because i was watching his review on the vereal rs and i was thinking how are you giving such a good review to this board after bashing the barrel? I guess you could say the price point, but it is odd. I also think maybe he just likes two in one boards and anything more bulky with less agility he doesnt like.

2 Likes

Scott is a brisbane (AUS) local, anything tech wise he’s not sure on he often runs by me. Good dude, and as you said zac is proper diy he’s got so bored of just esk8 he’s branched into other diy pevs lately

7 Likes

Much love for the shout out, I’ll be back with new stuff hopefully soon. Also self call out I do have a bias towards Hoyt, mostly because they make good boards and act like humans when we chat, but bias is bias.

I see peeps dragging esk8unity a bit, We do chat occasionally and hes a good dude, super chill but I’ll agree he’s in the content side hustle group of creators, he also sticks mostly to mid to lower end commercial boards which appeal to a broader audience of consumers. Which unfortunately means you practically gotta d*** ride manufactures to give you review units if you want to do anything in that space and not be out of pocket, but I’ve definitely seen it done better, Daniel Kwan being a specific example.

Personally feel theres nothing really wild going on in the off the shelf market going on right now, basically Exway dropped the Atlas and literally every other drop ship brand released an OEM copy and thats been about it for the last 6-8 months.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know how much you’ve been paying attention but the off-the-shelf market is very competitive right now

Meepo’s new ultra is quite the value proposition

2 Likes

For sure, not saying theres not variety at the sub 1k market but a lot of it is the same cookie cutter drivetrain oem long boards, which is great for consumers but from a high level perspective in terms of things that make me go ‘damn thats really interesting’ theres not much. I do kinda want to get my hands on a propel endeavor though having done a deep dive on the Baja.

3 Likes

I know him personally, from in real life, he is not what I would describe as chill.

He has a very strong bias against any manufacturer that will not play the bribe game

4 Likes

Might be in the same basket as Mike Beard, aka peeps I have generally had positive interactions with but can also acknowledge that they have valid public criticism.

On that note I didnt see him but dose Pavel still have good boy points around here, or is he out since hes technically a vendor now?

Mike beard works in good faith. He listens. I also got to know him a bit IRL. Good guy, he’s trying his best.

5 Likes

I don’t think he has many good boy points

But what? He sells stuff?

2 Likes

Lol his facebook group is practically a paid advertisement for 3DS. At least it was.

1 Like

Dred, I love your videos man but it’s wise not to be naive when it comes to fred esk8unity, he is Infamous for NOT being chill lol, people who have met him in real life and those he has exchanged DMs with can attest to how toxic he can be.

I do wish he would get the help he needs though, if he did then he could really contribute with sincerity and honesty, without the abusive messages he sends people in the community.

7 Likes