Which ESCs should I be considering for a new build?

Given that the Unity is now sold out for good which ESCs should be on the top of my list? Since boards from builders like LaCroix and Kaly have been using the Unity what would they move to next? And what could be out by summer?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S97CKSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Oz-fEbKXXGWN9

7 Likes

I have 2 brand new unities for sale.
$1,000,000 each.

20 Likes

Not exactly recommending it but almost everyone here is holding their breath for the neobox. And meanwhile they also are about to release their (lets just say copy) of the focbox.

5 Likes

Budget? Dual preferred or two singles ok? What kind of build/draw?

5 Likes

I want to know what replaces the Unity. Most boards seem to be dual motors now and not having to link 2 devices and cram them into an enclosure is ideal. Older options appear to have had lots of shortcomings the Unity did not have. Going backward is not an option.

1 Like

Apparently there are some super secret ESCs on the horizon. So I’d stay tuned and not try to pick something right this moment

5 Likes

I mean I have heard decent things about the flipsky 6.6… I think

Maker x is out there but still largely untested, apart from lower power I probably wouldn’t use it

TB still has their 4.12’s that have been fine in my builds

2 Likes

One possibility.

9 Likes

You’re in for a wait here. Won’t be easy to match/beat the overall package the Unity offered.

2 Likes

Wait for the dust to settle. In the meantime, buy a marked up Unity I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

images (100)

4 Likes

Yes, I am expecting a wait before there is a clear replacement. In the meantime I will have 4 spare Unitys.

1 Like

That should tide you over. :joy:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unity replacement community wishlist

Wrong thread my dude

2 Likes

Hey at least he didn’t tell someone to shut up this time. So that’s an improvement.

3 Likes

Perhaps we could swing this topic to:

Unity is gone. Planning a build around unreleased & untested parts is often a bad idea. What ESC do you recommend I use now?

To which my answer would be:

• Trampa VESC lol
  • some stores & people still sell Unities
  • Find a used Focbox

If it’s not an important build, use a crappy 4.12 vesc based ESC. Not like they don’t work at all…

1 Like

Im failing here. Let me try again tomorrow. thought it was asking what would you do if you built your own and what would you like to have on it

3 Likes

Skunker, the man apologised already. Let’s give him a break. Can we all hold hands and sing? Looking for an “age of aquarius” 40 year-old virgin moment.

2 Likes

I actually think we have a thread like that somewhere. But I am failing too since I can’t remember it. Can anyone refresh my memory?