Which cell to go for higher range?

yeh I already have a 13s4p battery 30Q new that I can use for this battery. Will cost me les sto buy the additional 30Q battery. I guess the battery will thank for the extra Amp left.
I am buying the Kweld. Do you advice something else that can work fine and save a bit of cash? Not planning to build more than 2 batteries a year. Unfortunately I can not use the Sunkko spot welders because they cut electricity at my apartment and at work :sweat_smile: (do not ask how I know it)

21700 have alot of Intersting options. Molicel p42a are 30amps at 4000mAh. Samsung 50e is 5000 mAh at 10a.
Many options in that regard

2 Likes

need to check the real test. Some at the end do not perfom well or drop in capacity too soon.

Both of those cells were tested by mooch. Who confirmed they were very close to rated spec

1 Like

yeh I am reading his tests

Molicel price is :crazy_face: nop too much. I need too many cells

1 Like

Grab the Liitokala 21700 4000 mah. you won’t find a better cell for the price.

@Accrobrandon has a nice build thread with them.

2 Likes

Bruh,^dem lipos upstairs are same price

ahh, I thought he didn’t want to deal with spot welding Lipo tabs. They are also a great deal tbh

1 Like

I’m just beeing a douche, you’re correct, he didint want lipos

2 Likes

yep correct! Looking at the celsl you suggested. They look like a good deal. Is the delivery time that says March 2020! Never saw such a long one from Ali

where are you? normally i get eveything from ALI in a month to the UK

Me too. Over 700 orders from there. I guess if for them to play safe. I am in Belgium btw :relaxed:

hmm. Don’t see march

More reading

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60419

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LiitoKala%2021700%204000mAh%20Lii-40A%20(Yellow)%20UK.html

1 Like

indeed was another seller. The one you suggested is December. Good.

Yeah thats the official liitokala store. look at he number of followers lol 47000

2 Likes

yeh I saw it :grin:

Do you guys recommend Kweld or what are you using?

I am in the middle of making a solenoid based spot welder for around £70. If it fails, I was gonna go for the boss spot welder.

The Sanyo NCR2070C is a pretty great cell, worth your time checking out :+1::+1:

I made a spot welder as well. Out of a trasformer from a microwave. Connected to arduino. It kinda works but heats up fast. I should probalby get another transfomer to get more current.