I decided my board needs a cheating mode, something that could help me balance.
I’m VERY surprised commercial boards don’t have this mode yet, but i guess they will soon
Here is video of me riding it. Had to shoot indoor as it was raining a lot in Seattle recently
I’m very new to skateboarding, my total experience with any kind of skateboards is less than 10 hours total. I do have a solowheel and onewheel though and that helped a lot. I think i’m far better at riding this skate in balance mode than in regular. I’m pretty sure experinced skaters can find some other uses and tricks for this mode.
The whole project started as an experiment, I was not sure if this is going to succeed, so I picked cheap parts. I think it would use more powerful motors for my v2 board.
- 90mm Dual 6364 Hub motors from ebay
- 9.75 x 36.5" NATURAL LONGBOARD SKATEBOARD Deck. You need a wide tail deck, this one is not the best choice.
- 2x VESC 4
- STM32F401 microprocesor
- 5s 5000mAh battery I had laying around. It is slow with 5s, 10s would be nice.
- Code: https://github.com/blezalex/balance_skate
- HGLRC YK01 2.4G remote. Any PPM remote would do. YK01 is very fragile, don’t recommend it.
I started this post at the other forum, but looks like a lot of the crowd moved here and some asked to post here as well.