Wheelie/Manual mode for a skateboard

Don’t you have any hooker to meet instead, man ? :grinning:

I imagine having the benefit of esk8 and a high speed stability setup, then getting to a sharp corner and simply doing a manual around the bend.

6 Likes

I think i’t be k00l to impress the mall rats, and ratessess

plus I like wheelies and sparks

3 Likes

This is pretty great lol.
Gave me a laugh :joy:
Could you imagine on a eMTB???

6 Likes

Yes. You probably wont find the mode unless you try to do a wheelie, it runs as a regular skateboard, until you tilt the board nose up while holding breaks or throttle. It also requires you to hold breaks or throttle to keep balancing. I have not dialed in transitions yet, so I start by pushing full break and hold breaks while i ride in balancing mode.

11 Likes

This is a great idea. I absolutely love it

7 Likes

Yes I could!

3 Likes

Have not tried, but I think it should if you belts are tight

2 Likes

Make this a plug’n’play and you’ve struck literal gold.

8 Likes

that also sounds doable (the balancing part) but I have no idea how you would steer it.

1 Like

that is my conundrum presently… the transition from un-powered manual, to powered wheelie… if I was 12… I’d have less scabs… but I’ll get it… I’m going out tomorrow with a wicked throttle curve that is almost flat for the first 40%… the girl is perping the hydrogen peroxide,

3 Likes

Ouch.

4 Likes

I have done this extensively. Yes it will be awesome

3 Likes

Had the same idea but on an e-bike. Permanent wheelies all around town. Didin’t think it’d be as possible on an esk8 so hat off!

Would be great to implement this to the MPU present on the vesc6 hardware. I’ll make sure Vedder sees this coming weekend and it could possibly be pushed into the official code with some polishing.

Thumbs up!

16 Likes

I remember seeing this feature on a ebike a long time ago it really stuck with me. Had no idea I would really know how to do all this.

2 Likes

Very cool!

Maybe I’ll learn a manual or wheelie some day. (the cheat mode does not count as pretty much anyone can do a manual in that mode after 10 minutes of practice)

3 Likes

In fact, a friend of mine did a wheelie on the first try on this board, which cheating on. The other fiend did it after 5 minutes of me walking along his side and holding his hand.

2 Likes

you think it would be possible to have a manual learning mode that only does braking?

So you use the remote to get up to speed, start manual and it will prevent you from falling backwards. if you lean too hard forwards you go back down to try again.

1 Like

brother… 100% respect… I really think you have an awesome concept… and I will probably follow in your footsteps… having wheelie-mode would be 100% awesomeness… I could even wheelie my way out of the bar…

maybe…

5 Likes

I have not tried, but I think it should be doable. My board has settings, that lets you control how much assist it gives. I could add code that would limit assist to throttle or to breaks only.

This was just an experiment, I did not think it would work so well.

5 Likes