Wheel lock 1 motor in Backfire Hammer-Sledge 4wd. Please Help

Inspect the connector, look for any deformations or signs of a burn (compare against a known good motor)

Swap the motor with a good motor, see if the problem is with the ESC or the motor

Ask Backfire for the associated part

Yea i intend to do that. If they ever reply …

If you swap the motor (just the motor) and the same wheel has the issue then it’s the ESC, if the other wheel has the issue it’s the motor

1 burnt out prong in the faulty motor

Either you ran the board without the connector seated and that caused it to arc and spark, or something melted (phase short inside the motor, or blown gate in the ESC)

Do the motor swap test and report back to us, also sniff around the motor and ESC for smoke

No smoke or overheating . What if i damage it further trying to test the cable (that clearly has some burn residue on one of the three prongs) on the other side?

I could see it being possible that the motor got overstressed because it was riding last night in the opposite direction than it had been going all these months.

Plug and unplug the connector a few times and it’ll scrape off most the soot on the spots that will carry current, not worried about it

Riding the motor backwards would certainly cause problems, but I feel like you would have noticed that

Did the swap. The motor that was faulty works. The other wheel is now locking up

You’re saying conflicting things, or did you swap the wheel with the motor?

I’ll translate, he meant to say that the motor on the side that used to be faulty, when swapped to the side that used to work, now works, and the other good motor now swapped to the side that used to be faulty, is now not working.

Congratulations, we have found the problem, it seems like either your ESC or the plug for your ESC is fucked on one side. Now share this discovery with bf

Much appreciated :+1:

And the BESC got goofed up right after i paired the other remote

Its defintely a software glitch which couldve led to actual hardware damage

I Fixed it . It was a software pairing issue. Fucking Backfire. Never again. Seriously fuck Backfire

Get some 70% or 99% iso and a q-tip and clean out the connectors of as much burn residue as you can then give it an hour to dry (air compressor helps if you have one) before you ride it again

Its good. I know the bug stemmed for the remote and BESC and the sequence of the boards’ power button. I basically clicked the power button like 3 times while toggling the direction on the remote just after i re-paired the remote.

And Backfire still has yet to reply. So much for their "second to none " customer service. Luckily i wont have to decipher their broken english and mis-trusting attitude towards high-paying customers.

It’s actually “second from none” as in a single step better than absolutely nothing, just a typo

1 Like