Superbeast SL 21/22 & Freedom DRV Review (750miles/6months)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

CORRECTION about the WD-40 recommendation. I swear I fact checked this (twice), but now I have a statement from the company.

“White lithium grease for inside, it does come in a spray, also by WD, which would coat more evenly if applying from the back plug hole. But the drive would come pre-greased, generally being regressed when checking wear by removing housing every 500 miles or so. WD 40 is for cleaning\lubing the V ring gaskets every other ride.”

I like Phil’s suggestion to use Lubriplate. I will pin a comment in the YT video

1 Like

Plastic gears go brrr

4 Likes

LOL yup, they do!

1 Like

Until they break

3 Likes

Go brrr…eak

5 Likes

why is nobody asking about the wheels, how much and they fit BN drives I hope.

They look just like the Janux kegel rims.

2 Likes

Hopefully they aren’t priced like the janaux rims lmao.

Bro, CNCing things in the US is not cheap :laughing: there are plenty of options for cheap China alu

5 Likes

Super interesting to see a gear drive with idler! Very cool. Solves a lot of tight spacing issues.

Is that an Evo deck or just a lookalike?

My only complaint is the groan-worthy branding. Freedom fries, freedom rallies, and freedom gears oh my.

3 Likes

It’s not an evo deck. As I understand it the company ran into some scalability issues with the deck manufacturer. Each deck has slight variations which makes matching the enclosure a bit too difficult.

I know they’re exploring other deck options now. Should be good stuff and produced in the USA.

RE branding doesn’t bother me. Plays to their mission to be a US builder and manufacturer. (Not to imply freedom still rings here.)

4 Likes

Where did you get that? Lmao.

1 Like

seems to have worked well for him lol

8 Likes

Backfire is australian no
?

Brother, backfire is THE mainstream chinese based brand out there. How you didnt know that, i am flabergasted.

1 Like

Because i was kidding

Go away troll

1 Like

It’s Austrian actually.

1 Like

?

Oi amigo, depois de um ano do vídeo, você recomenda este motorista de caminhão e engrenagem c que eu estava olhando hoje para comprar o kit completo e instalá-lo no meu furacão personalizado