Wheel comparison thread!

@trelensis bought them

1 Like

That’s right :wink: Sorry but i already have plans for those

3 Likes

I decided on happy thane. Going for the 80mm Kegal, and I’ll use a channel riser. I got major bite on 70mm wheels I threw on for testing .

Just got the new evolve 97mm gtr wheels and gotta say they feel way better than the og abec 97’s. Did a direct swap between the 2 and will be selling the abec wheels asap lol. Currently also loving my tb110s and green abec 107s. Waiting to try out the new boa 80mm wheels when they are released but may just get some orange caguamas in the meantime cuz they rock

Did evolve give up on the original Californian abec11 formula and went with another company (China perhaps) instead?

Are your tb110s blue or black?

Has anyone tried the new TorqueBoards 100mm and 90mm 74A wheels? Wondering how the 100mm compare to the 97mm GTR, and how the 90mm compare to the 85mm blue cags.

1 Like

Not sure where evolve gets their wheels made, they had a flash sale last Sunday I couldn’t resist. Compared to older evolve wheels these take the cake(besides 107mm). The tb 110s are the black ones. I know the blues might be grippier and softer but I don’t feel the black ones are lacking in any way

1 Like

Mmmm kegaly goodness

8 Likes

Nice!
But why isn’t it packaged in the orangatang paper sleeve tho?

4 Likes

Not sure, ordered on amazon

Says sold by loaded boards & orangatang wheels fulfilled by amazon

3 Likes

Word, I ordered the same and got the cardboard :man_shrugging:

Well AFAIK there’s no fake kegel and caguama wheels so as long as they came new then I guess it’s fine :+1:

1 Like

But are they Squishy? :pinching_hand:

1 Like

Like brand new rubber bands!

honestly I was expecting something softer like when I push into the center, but they do flex nicely on the edges, printing risers today so I can test ride

1 Like

Why did you not get the Cags? Larger should mainly be better

Mainly wheelbite. Needed smaller wheels on the coyote with narrow trucks

I’m going to use a 6mm tunnel riser and will still prob bite a little

1 Like

Exactly how I felt when I got the cags, they were really soft on the edge :+1:

And the road feedback coming from them feels very similar to the 97mm abec I had last time :slight_smile:

Another one thing that I’m really surprised is how well the blue cags hold up against my daily commute, there’s still not a single chip on the cags after around 120km :scream: whereas my abec 97mm chipped on its first ride…

4 Likes

I’m moving from 90mm Flywheel clones, cal 7 I believe. Hoping for good things!

2 Likes
3 Likes

How do the TeamGee wheels feel while riding?

1 Like