Wheel comparison thread!

Like brand new rubber bands!

honestly I was expecting something softer like when I push into the center, but they do flex nicely on the edges, printing risers today so I can test ride

1 Like

Why did you not get the Cags? Larger should mainly be better

Mainly wheelbite. Needed smaller wheels on the coyote with narrow trucks

I’m going to use a 6mm tunnel riser and will still prob bite a little

1 Like

Exactly how I felt when I got the cags, they were really soft on the edge :+1:

And the road feedback coming from them feels very similar to the 97mm abec I had last time :slight_smile:

Another one thing that I’m really surprised is how well the blue cags hold up against my daily commute, there’s still not a single chip on the cags after around 120km :scream: whereas my abec 97mm chipped on its first ride…

4 Likes

I’m moving from 90mm Flywheel clones, cal 7 I believe. Hoping for good things!

2 Likes
3 Likes

How do the TeamGee wheels feel while riding?

1 Like

Some rider in our group… do they chunk that easily?! Under what circumstances? @Jun

3 Likes

Wow, never seen that before. Maybe defected, maybe drove over a knife?

3 Likes

Unlucky but still rideble.Just put ssome glue and he would be fine. my Caguamas have held up pretty god. no bits falling off.
mine have over 1000km.

3 Likes

Ouch :persevere:! The one thing I always heard about blue cags is that they chipped rather easy but for some reason mine held up quite fine, I ride 50/50 on sidewalk and the road and there’s been 0 chips after 200km :+1:

4 Likes

Did you pay 200 USD for the teamgee wheels?

1 Like

No bro, someone else from my Insta followers did. He did the weighing.

1 Like

Because the PU is very soft is easier to breaking apart for impact.

5 Likes

That’s why we are counting on you to make soft, bouncy and strong wheels!

1 Like

I tested today all my PU/airless rubber wheels and I would like to give you an idea of my impressions.

Here are the wheels that I tested from 90mm to 120mm

90mm Teamgee
Comfort: 6/10
Grip: 7/10
Range 8/10

TeamGee 105mm rubber wheel
Comfort 6/10
Grip 10/10
Range 3/10

107mm Flywheel
Comfort 8,5/10
Grip 8/10
Range 4,5/10

110mm TB
Comfort 9/10
Grip 9/10
Range 4/10

120mm Foamies
Comfort 9,5/10
Grip 7,5/10
Range 3,5/10

What I didn’t test today but I would rate from my mind is:

Old 97mm 76A Evolve
Comfort 5/10
Grip: 5/10
Range 8/10

New 97mm 76A Evolve
Comfort 7/10
Grip 7/10
Range n/a

Orangutang 85mm 77A blue Caguama
Comfort 6,5
Grip 7
Range n/a

Chunks I had just with 107 Flywheels and 97mm Evolve, but especially on the 107’s a lot.

May favorite wheel is the TB 110mm 74A by just a very small margin over the Foamis. On kart race tracks or slick surfaces I rather go with the TeamGee rubber wheel though. Through hard and loose, dry, rough terrain the Foamies are king. Trough wet, slippery, soft terrain the rubber wheels are best again. For smooth tarmac I prefer the TBs or even smaller wheels like the Cuagamas or 90mm TeamGees.

I never had the opportunity to ride red 100mm Boas though.

Hope I could help

16 Likes

About low range on cloud wheels, I assume you did not adjust wheel pulley size to keep pulley / wheel ratio approximately the same?

Cos if not, then it is not fair to give low range rating.

I used the same pulley for 107s and Cloud, Cloud wheels resulted in 29% less battery/range after testing the same route

2 Likes

At the same speed the lower ratio would even have a lower consumption. So yes, the range is justified.
But I have 32T pulleys for 97mm, 36T for 110mm and 38T pulleys for 120mm. So no worries, I tested a lot before I came to this conclusion.

6 Likes

Of course the range is justified. Just that I prefer to compare range with adjusted pulley ratio kept the same and that will show if the rolling resistance is still good or not. Just a different comparison preference.

Instead of doing a lot of testing, I just use the esk8 calculator and change the pulley size until speed is the same as the smaller wheel with it’s own pulley