What's your range?

Both are valid

1 Like

Yeah I think you and @rich are totally right about that too. Im not sure if the capacity vs dischage thing I brought up would even affect anything a noticeable amount.

2 Likes

BTW i’m getting about 17 - 18 miles on my 12S5P 30Q, unity, 190KV 6374 motors, 15mm belts, 16/47 ratio on 6" clever tires on berg rims. I’m around 165 pounds.

I live in an area with a low level of shifting grades, definitely not flat, lots of breezes. I typically ride 20 - 25 mph and carve a lot and play on the sidewalk and sometimes ride through grass. I’m not a speed demon but I do like to hit 30 on stretches now and then.

4 Likes

I still get about 16-20 miles with a 10s4p 30q, Unity, and 70Kv TBDD’s on TB110’s. I’m a bit of a speed demon. I tend to keep the throttle pinned when I can. I max out at 28-30mph but the 10s voltage really limits my speed/power at < 50% battery. Your setup really puts my energy usage in perspective (I know yours are pneumatics tho), I’m about 145lbs.

I’m thinking about swapping to a 12s3p Sony VTC5D pack since I never really go farther than 15 miles anyways and would like to not experience a speed/power sag at low battery.

27 miles so far according to Google maps. some short steep hills in between. 10s5p Vt6’s. @IDEA 20/40 gear drive on 6354/190kv and 107’s about 18 mph and a few blips to 25 mph… hard to go that slow.
But my board freerides real easy. Easy to kick push as well.

This is about how I ride, minus the grass bc I just ride my 110 urethane. I wouldn’t call myself an inexperienced builder at this point, the reason I keep picking lipos is only based on cost. It still just hasn’t made sense to hit the entry cost for a $120 spot welder and $300 of cells to get the same amp draw capabilities that I can get out of $120 of lipos.

If I had the funds, for sure I would just go with a round cell pack, but here we are. Next pack I will probably do liion because I will be working and have enough to hit the entry cost.

1 Like

I thought my 18/40 gearing was high on 97s…

You on 20/40 with 107s like a mad man
Respectable

2 Likes

Never enough :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:
5ish on a boosted
14 on gtr at
20 on gtr 97s
Infinite on my bullshit

1 Like

Thanks.
That is what the gear drive came with.
Not sure why @IDEA chose that but I like it.
I really feel the torque kick in later and it’s so manageable at lower speeds where I don’t get bucked off if I hit the throttle to hard. And I like that I can cruise at 25 knowing I can go a lot faster.

1 Like

Which gear drives? You running on thane?
I’m currently on the search

His gear drive is what I have in the link.
I have Abec 107 Superfly’s.

2 Likes

I get 62 miles on hammering my board like crazy, 80 by going easy, 95+ by not going over 50km/h, and playing a lot on the free roll of the DD.
12s8p of 50e, on TB DD with 110s 74A

5 Likes

Did Bill sell you his wheels, or are you person #2 with chunked TB 110 arctic wheels?

(Sorry if it seems like I have a personal vendetta against them; just haven’t pulled the trigger on buying them yet.)

1 Like

i’m lucky, i only weigh 124 pounds, 56kg.
My next pack is gonna be a 36V 12Ah pack. I hope to get some good range out of that to go to school and back in 1 charge.

do you have a post about your build?

Holy crap lol I think range anxiety would be non-existent with that. That thing must weigh a ton though. Do you ever get voltage sag with the 50E’s or is the 8p enough to compensate for that? 96 cells is literally insane

100 cells is moar insane :rofl:

Need a crane to pick it up off the floor and put it in the shopping cart though

3 Likes

I do: "The Feet Fatigue" - 150km range TB DD machine

2 Likes

I do not actually, even after 80Km, I could hammer it down, no issue whatsoever. Haven’t had the time to push through till end of battery.
12s8p is enough to compensate the sag

Yeah, that shit is heavy as f, with the direct drive

2 Likes

Wasnt there someone who made an Excel sheet in which you needed to fill in your specs and wh/km? Maybe merging these 2 topics together would be nice. But I can’t seem to find the other topic. Maybe someone can help me out?

1 Like