What's your range?

That would be @mmaner, I believe

1 Like

@b264 is correct, that was me. Give me a bit and Iā€™ll post a link.

I get around 22wh/km. When I first got into esk8 people said 10wh/km was normal. Thus I built a battery way to small. You would have too be a child midget going slow to get that.

5 Likes

10 miles out of 12s 9000mah. 9 inch wheels 4.2 ratio 170kv

1 Like

Ah cool thanks for the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahha I can really relate to that statement. When I started out I was getting like 18 wh/km when people said 10-12 was normal.

Cruising on my 4wd iā€™m about 25wh/km, shredding iā€™m about 50wh/km. Range can vary between 50-100km depending on how I ride.

3 Likes

I got 7.5wh/km with small (83mm) solid wheels and 8.5 now with mbs 100mm wheels. Iā€™m tall and heavy by esk8 standards
How do you guys manage to consume so much? No matter how hard i try, thereā€™s only so far i can accelerate.

36 30q cells get me around 35km before they hit 3.1vā€¦

Commuting and just cruising I get 6.8wh/km with a mono drive 6374 and 8.9wh/km after upgrading to dual 6374. This is on 97mm urethane wheels, top speed 45km/h and average speed ~30km/h.

1 Like

I average like 30 wh/mi on 9 inchersā€¦ I am not exactly heavy :). You go from thanes to tires its gonna really hurt your efficency. Reduction ratio matters alot too. 4.2 for 9 incher on 170 kv isnā€™t efficent at all :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s 18wh/km. Whatā€™s the top speed you get? The theoretical one where you spin your wheels in the air i mean.
For me, 190kv 2.25 ratio and 100mm wheels it clocks in at 63km/hr, out of which i only ever dare to use 45.
Maybe this happens to be a sweet spot since motors stay within that 80% efficiency curve?
Orā€¦ itā€™s just that pneumatic wheels double the consumption on any settings compared to urethaneā€¦

heavier, stickier, creates more drag. pneumatic x2 the consumption is a pretty good ball park

Yo yo, what you guys think with my trampa. Iā€™m only pulling 80a to moth motors, 200x50 tires and sk3 192 kvā€™s. What would be a good estimate of the wh/km? Iā€™m only 60kg

1 Like

20km offroad with 12s16Ah tcbworth lipo, gear ratio 5.1/ dual 130Kv/9ā€™ tyre

16-17wh/km if you got all the moving parts right. Add more if you do hills or offroad

2 Likes

I know thatā€™s a long shot, but could you reupload it somewhere please ?

1 Like

I donā€™t keep it up anymore. This is the latest version of the project and what I currently use.

https://mmaner.github.io/esk8calc/

3 Likes

Thanks, calculators are super usefull,
but i was more looking for some sort of scoreboard for the more efficient builds arround there than trying to get a range estimation

AWD 6384 with 12s10p

About 50miles