What's your range?

Did Bill sell you his wheels, or are you person #2 with chunked TB 110 arctic wheels?

(Sorry if it seems like I have a personal vendetta against them; just haven’t pulled the trigger on buying them yet.)

1 Like

i’m lucky, i only weigh 124 pounds, 56kg.
My next pack is gonna be a 36V 12Ah pack. I hope to get some good range out of that to go to school and back in 1 charge.

do you have a post about your build?

Holy crap lol I think range anxiety would be non-existent with that. That thing must weigh a ton though. Do you ever get voltage sag with the 50E’s or is the 8p enough to compensate for that? 96 cells is literally insane

100 cells is moar insane :rofl:

Need a crane to pick it up off the floor and put it in the shopping cart though

3 Likes

I do: "The Feet Fatigue" - 150km range TB DD machine

2 Likes

I do not actually, even after 80Km, I could hammer it down, no issue whatsoever. Haven’t had the time to push through till end of battery.
12s8p is enough to compensate the sag

Yeah, that shit is heavy as f, with the direct drive

2 Likes

Wasnt there someone who made an Excel sheet in which you needed to fill in your specs and wh/km? Maybe merging these 2 topics together would be nice. But I can’t seem to find the other topic. Maybe someone can help me out?

1 Like

That would be @mmaner, I believe

1 Like

@b264 is correct, that was me. Give me a bit and I’ll post a link.

I get around 22wh/km. When I first got into esk8 people said 10wh/km was normal. Thus I built a battery way to small. You would have too be a child midget going slow to get that.

5 Likes

10 miles out of 12s 9000mah. 9 inch wheels 4.2 ratio 170kv

1 Like

Ah cool thanks for the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahha I can really relate to that statement. When I started out I was getting like 18 wh/km when people said 10-12 was normal.

Cruising on my 4wd i’m about 25wh/km, shredding i’m about 50wh/km. Range can vary between 50-100km depending on how I ride.

3 Likes

I got 7.5wh/km with small (83mm) solid wheels and 8.5 now with mbs 100mm wheels. I’m tall and heavy by esk8 standards
How do you guys manage to consume so much? No matter how hard i try, there’s only so far i can accelerate.

36 30q cells get me around 35km before they hit 3.1v…

Commuting and just cruising I get 6.8wh/km with a mono drive 6374 and 8.9wh/km after upgrading to dual 6374. This is on 97mm urethane wheels, top speed 45km/h and average speed ~30km/h.

1 Like

I average like 30 wh/mi on 9 inchers… I am not exactly heavy :). You go from thanes to tires its gonna really hurt your efficency. Reduction ratio matters alot too. 4.2 for 9 incher on 170 kv isn’t efficent at all :rofl:

1 Like

That’s 18wh/km. What’s the top speed you get? The theoretical one where you spin your wheels in the air i mean.
For me, 190kv 2.25 ratio and 100mm wheels it clocks in at 63km/hr, out of which i only ever dare to use 45.
Maybe this happens to be a sweet spot since motors stay within that 80% efficiency curve?
Or… it’s just that pneumatic wheels double the consumption on any settings compared to urethane…

heavier, stickier, creates more drag. pneumatic x2 the consumption is a pretty good ball park