whats the best Vesc's?

If you pushing them inside a case VESC get prity warm in my experience there’s a reason there’s additional plates available. 2ndly I popped a few vesc. motors and connections are normally more to blame than ESC, never forgetting There’s always human error.

Personally most of my issues are to do with faulty motors and BS from sellers when you return them.

1 Like

It wasn’t in a case, it was a heatsink on one side, but yeah I totally get it. I’m thinking of investing in a better enclosure where I can possibly cut a hole for the heatsink or maybe just stick it directly to the case to get more heat dissipation that way, as opposed to attaching it to the board

I get stuff from Trampa in no more than three days in NYC. $12

1 Like

Haha

Unity+ = potter

2 Likes

I have the Trampa VESC 6.4 on a Pneumatic Tire board, and the Torque Board 6 on 110 Urethane wheel board.

These were my first two builds, almost simultaneous.

Trampa was immediate plug and play via NRF a dongle, TB6 needed a firmware update via USB first then wireless dongle worked.

Working fine for me so far. But I wouldn’t know otherwise until something goes up in smoke.

Alright, good for you.

Now, take notice that the person I was replying to and I are both Canadians and that parcels from UK/Europe (and apparently Russia is worse @Andy87 :innocent:) usually get stuck in customs or off the grid for a few weeks at a time. Friend ordered 80100 motors 2 months ago. Got them 2 weeks ago, DOA has to send em back for repair. He ain’t probably gonna see em for another 3 to 4 months

been reading older threads about Go-FOC DV6. looks like a nice deal, and a hell of a lot cheaper than Tramp v6 esc.

wondering how these have stood the test of time for others? if is has good startup power for sensorless motors.

guessing this ships from china? how long do they actually take to arrive? seem like some people waited over a month.

finally is there extra work needed to get these to work? i read something about having to change pins on some connectors but didn’t actually get what??

also does this heat up a lot?

Cool.

Just some info for someone that may be curious how long and how much getting Trampa VESCs to NYC would cost…

1 Like

Haha

Unity+ = potter

Unity = Aussie weasel formerly known as Jason :laughing:

1 Like

Nobody contacted chifley so apparently no harm done really.

1 Like

2 Likes

Unity is the best esc! Hands down

2 Likes

Touché⚔️
Looking for a duel? … ba dum tss

1 Like

Think Im going for tourqboards I think they are on their second batch now? And they are well priced.

Not a fan of dual esc if one side fails while unit goes in the bin I am with tampra

Is tampa reliable? They they have a new product out soon a dual esc

Thank you

yet if I order stuff from US like a couple of kingpins its 40$ shipping.LHB SYCOTILLER SR TB all about the same in shipping costs +10 handling fee and 20% import tax

your 16$ item cost $85

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m trying to decide between the Go-FOC DV6 ($215) or the Spintend 75v/200A ($199)

1 Like

makerX for the win.

3 Likes

spintend maker-x GO-FOC DV6 VS spintend Ubox it just has more features and having a 75v vesc means upgrade possibility in the future, and that remote mmmmmmhhh

1 Like