My battery building friendo :joy:

Most of them are here btw to help us out when needed
Alex @Arch
Charles @Blasto
Charles @Flashgod224
Jeff @Deodand

2 Likes

the prices are too close to trampa vecs :frowning:

if tramps fails i can swap it out just the one vs stormcore failing and i have to swap everything out

These ones

8 Likes

Lol hold up

3 Likes

Don’t forget to include the fact of paying for shipping and the time of that shipping

I just lurk around

5 Likes

painfully aware of this :frowning: … I need one for spring 2021 lol, no point rushing to buy with winter approaching.

yes, why is anything wrong with those?

2 Likes

Nice and everything. Not putting these in a mountain board😂

1 Like

Yours motor wires were motor ready? Mine came clipped off at the end, which is ok. Again not hating, just not loving it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah my motors had 5.5mm wires so it was easy to plug in and worked great. My favorite ESCs so far!

1 Like

Why don’t we end up the discussion and start naming all these wannabe VESC™ with their own initials (which is not that difficult since many been using them for quite a while now) some examples:

VESC™ = @Trampa
TORQUESC™ = @torqueboards
SUPERFOC™ = Maytech
STORMCORE™ = LaCroix
MINIFOC™ = MakerX
ESCape™ = @stewii
FOCBOX™ = Enertion
UNITY™ = Enertion

9 Likes

Spintend for the win. Hands down. Other then the deadband on the remote. It’s a hard win

Unity after that.

Then TB

Then stormcore

Then we’ll it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I kind of wanted to add on to this, as everyone seems to be only talking about use cases for dual drive, but I had the same question, but I want to do a high power single drive. What esc would be best for that?
I’ve heard TBv6 and Trampa, Maker X seems good, but i haven’t heard as much about they’re real life power ratings, which is unfortunate bc they’re the cheapest. The reason I need one is because I have fried three escs and I need something which isn’t going to crap out on me every damn time. I am like 180 and I ride hard which is probably why I keep killing them but it’s still annoying as hell.

imo, any of those singles will work as long as you can keep it cool. Otherwise you’re probably better off going up in voltage.

I’m super hesitant to go up in voltage. My board worked fine on a fsesc mini 4.12 until I went from 6s lipo to 10s2p. As soon as I did that escs started droppin like flies. But yeah, I’ll probably go with the TBv6 when it gets listed, which they’ve said is ‘soon’

also I just can’t afford anything 12s right now

Gotcha. Yeah, at 10S, thermals is going to be your prollem. What amps where you pushing through the FSESC @ 6S?

Did you try adding heatsink mass and Keeping ESC cool?

1 Like

the limittttttt, i was running a chunky 4s* (correcting myself here) 16AH battery with 10+C discharge, so I had it set to whatever the max amps for the motors were. Never fried a damn thing, and looking back on it i’m pretty surprised

1 Like

Yes, it had built in heatsink to help keep things cool, but even with that, I didn’t feel much heat after they blew, It’s kind of a mystery, I had a thread on it awhile back

1 Like