What to use to make everything stay in place in the enclosure??

Anyone use black RTV silicone? That stuff is fierce

Is everyone using silicone for mounting esc”s as well?

Pulled apart my board and changing esc.

I use black RTV to seal enclosures to the deck after they’re bolted down.

@mackattack I’ve also been using Corning 737 to lock the battery into the enclosure, and if the gap is huge somewhere you can use some of that block foam the motors come in, just chop it up and silicone around it all. The foam and silicone combo will damp a lot of the vibrations and the pack wil stay snug, and 737 won’t leave damaging deposits on the electronics so you don’t have to wait for it to cure completely before bolting the enclosure on.

2 Likes

2 Likes

do you still like butyl tape?

1 Like

Christ you like those :joy: why the replacement?

I’m receiving these today

2 years ago I liked it but my opinion changed, meanwhile I’m in love :laughing:

I use butyl tape for so many things beside gluing, for example I seal all gaps in gear drives instead of sugru. It is a bit like sugru but never hardens. I glued a flexible battery and electronics with butyl tape 2.5 years ago and it still holds strong after several crashes. The battery shifted a tiny bit when I crashed so hard into a rail that I cracked the Trampa deck and destroyed the front truck in skate park. I had more crashes afterwards but nothing moves, it’s awesome stuff.

Also it’s easy to remove if you need to. This is an example why I had to remove an ESC

With a scraper it’s easy to remove, I used way to much tape the first time. Afterwards I used 4x1cm pieces which is enough.

It’s hard to explain so here some pics of butyl tape (this one is 2mm thick)

Cut a small piece

then shape it to your needs

How strong is it? Let’s see

easy

Cheers :beers:

Trampa truck no problem

Here is the limit of this small piece of butyl tape

It holds 2.5kg (5.5lbs) for 1-2 seconds :sunglasses:

What more can I say? It’s acid free, heat and grease resistant, dampens a tiny bit and is cheap :man_shrugging:.

6 Likes

Yeah I think when I was 15 I saw it being used on car windscreens and I just played around with the old butyl tape in my hands like a child :joy:

2 Likes

I ordered an open box one… Usually it is just a crushed box… But this one had 5ft instead of 15…

2 Likes

Well now I love Butyl tape too.

How have I never seen this stuff?

3 Likes

I didn’t know it before as well. I just saw it in the shop when I ordered neoprene foam and thought it could be good for gluing so I gave it a try and it served me well.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Fusing-Silicone-Tape-Transparent-1-x-10/dp/B01LZU53UJ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

need opinion

LoL looks scammy

I mean why would they have directions that make no sense

cut small piece, peel off backing, keep dry, then toss it in garbage and use entire roll without peeling off the backing and without keeping it dry

2 Likes

reviews say super sticky, holding shower head. That is what make me think more.

1 Like

Just so I am sure I don’t make a mistake, I can use this right?

That’s good

I prefer clear in case you need to take stuff apart later, but that’s the same thing, just white

1 Like

The first squirt is different, so try it on paper first

In fact, whatever the first squirt is, I wish you could buy entire tubes of just that

1 Like

Cool, thanks brother. Iam going to use that on the battery. I was lucky enough they had this in here, white will have to do :grin:

Always is, thanks for the tip😉

1 Like

How hard is it to remove this stuff if needed ?