What to use to make everything stay in place in the enclosure??

My mayn

4 Likes

Sawdust boogers.

2 Likes

Brute force and 3m command strips.

1 Like

Butyl Rubber is Awesome Iā€™m surprised there arenā€™t more people out there using it. I never would have though of using it for vibration dampening and adhesive! Iā€™ve only used it for waterproofing enclosures :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Velcro! From the one and only brand ā€œVelcroā€, also comes as heavy duty or industrial version. You could even use that to mount your enclosure to your board.

Hadnā€™t thought of this. Next builds getting this

I usually attach stuff with this velcro from hobbyking. Itā€™s cheap and super strong on booth glue side and velcro side.

What silicon and a link please US
I want to fill all the gaps

@b264 do you got any suggestions

A neutral cure silicone

In the US, itā€™s the only part of an esk8 I source locally and not from the internet.

Go skate to a big box home improvement store, like Home Depot or Loweā€™s or Menards. Go into the paint section. Find a product called ā€œGE Silicone 2*+ā€. It comes in a small 2.8 fl. oz. tube, for hand-squeezing, and a bigger one designed to fit on a caulk dispenser. Do not buy ā€œGE Silicone 2*ā€ because itā€™s the wrong stuff. It must have the plus at the end. edit: this is wrong, that is the new version of Silicone 2*+

Then leave that store. Donā€™t get any other esk8 parts there. They all suck, and they donā€™t have any metric stuff.

It does come in white and clear, I prefer clear but both work the same. Clear is easier to use. For example if you need to work on something and are cutting it out, you donā€™t want the opaque one because you canā€™t see what youā€™re cutting into.

5 Likes

Yes master @b264
Awesome thanks :pray:

You can source it online as well, but if I can get it locally without the delay, I usually prefer that option. Plus it comes with a nice skate to the store :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I have some GE 2* silicone, it is advertised as neutral cure on their web site. So why is it the wrong stuff? Iā€™d rather use the stuff I already have and I am not planning on using it on sensitive components. Thanks :slight_smile:

The + is no longer the current model is what I found this week. 2* says itā€™s the same formula as 2*+. YMMV

1 Like

Where did you find that information?

What does 2* smell like?

Havenā€™t opened it. Was delivered this morning.

1 Like

:+1:

If it smells like vinegar or pickle juice, itā€™s the wrong stuff.

1 Like

Has a smell but would not call it vinegar. Definitely not offensive.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t smell bad compared to other silicones Iā€™ve worked with. And when you say wrong stuff, even if labeled as neutral cure it could be an issue?

If itā€™s neutral cure, itā€™s fine.

I guess they just changed it up and made a confusing setup even more confusing. Or less confusing? As long as it says neutral cure on the packaging, then Iā€™d say the confusion level is going down.

1 Like

Great! Just saved me a trip to the harware store and a couple $