What to use to make everything stay in place in the enclosure??

Hey so im building my first board and right now the battery in my battery enclosure is sitting quite tight but not extremely tight so it can move abit forward and backwards. Is that ok or should i put something in the enclosure to make sure everything stays put? If so what can i use?

1 Like

Dual lock Velcro

15 Likes

+1 for Dual lock velcro - usually has industrial strength in the title somewhere.

7 Likes

Another +1. I also use Neoprene adhesive stripping to pad around my batteries

5 Likes

Another up for the dual lock velcro. You don’t want the battery pack to start rubbing away its protections

The foam filling if you’ve got wires and shit rattling around.

2 Likes

4 recommendations for dual lock??? :thinking:
Dual lock is absolutely nothing for esk8 because it can’t deal with vibrations, it just pops off.

Velcro is much better but filling the gaps e.g. with neoprene foam is the best IMO.

6 Likes

dual lock + double sided foam tape works really well

1 Like

Dual lock = good velcro to me

3 Likes

Never had one single problem with dual lock coming off from vibrations lol. I almost feel as tho I am going to break something if I take it off when I have dual lock. @rich

4 Likes

Interesting… dual lock is the best “velcro” but without vibrations.
My light is mounted with duallock, with urethane it pops off on every crack, with pneumatics it holds.

Recently I mounted the vesc enclosure on my MTB with duallock, after 1 offroad ride the duallock was broke, no more connection, I can’t recommend duallock for esk8 :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

@rich he simply wants the battery to stop moving up and down. Says it’s already tight in the enclosure. Best option imo

What kinda dual lock you using ?

i use 3m vhb

4 Likes

I recommend 3M dual lock SJ3551, this is 400 stem density, but its a bit pricey.

1 Like

I use 3m as well, what do you use @rich

I’m at work so I’m not sure which one from 3M.

My all time favorite is butyl tape, I use it to glue everything from battery to vesc, it’s strong AF, flexible and stays soft forever. You can crash your board several times into a wall without any problems. And you can remove the parts anytime. I don’t know anything better yet

https://www.fugendichtband24.de/Butylband-2mm-x-10mm-grau-18m-Rolle.htm

5 Likes

I just use normal velcro and pad everything down with adhesive foam.

3 Likes

Stuff stiff foam around it and everything else in there.

2 Likes

I silicone everything into the enclosure

4 Likes