What should the vendor policy be now?

Trust is not a binary label. I think it’s a bad idea to have a trusted flair.

1 Like

i rode a boosted last weekend. ITs not a bad board, actually. just doesn’t have any range. I like being able to jump on it and jam the throttle without worrying about it throwing me because i know it can’t.

but i kind of hate that motor noise. Evolves do it too. My boards are so goddamned quiet compared to anyones. Only the direct drive boards i built are quieter, and its really not by much at all.

4 Likes

Oh lord, you don’t need to get into gear drive then :slight_smile:.

I’m now the proud owner of a bioboards thorium x4. FOUR motherfucking 3d Servisas gear drives. FOUR.

Of course its still quieter than the ArcBoards single gear drive running on their 5095 sensored motors.

My boards are totally illegal everywhere that has laws about them. No lights, no marker lights, no noise and totalllly way too many watts and forget speed limits.

I may do a street legal package one day for places like CA.

15 Likes

Mid-life crisis esk8 right there and hey it’s all your own hair so why the fuck not

1 Like

13 Likes

I’ll just loosen these off a little and collect on the old fart’s insurance

11 Likes

Who are you calling old Alan Partridge? I’m a stallion.

5 Likes

A-ha!

10 Jasons for old times sake

1 Like

i’ll say. Giddy-up!

4 Likes

tenor%20(2)

1 Like

You have been using the wrong gear drives if you think they are noisy.
My e-toxx with helical gears is by far the quietest board I own.

1 Like

I have been using straight cut gears for the most part, but I enjoy the noise. I really enjoy the look on people faces when they hear me coming :). I wouldn’t mind an E-Toxx helical mini, but I like street trucks way better than MTB trucks, just what I like.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying out Moon’s gear drive. I watched your video and it dint seem too bad. I rode a few kalys and they’re helical and they are pretty damn quiet.

3 Likes

Straight cut are noisy. Nothing wrong about that as they are also cheaper.
As far as the trucks go, I like skate trucks for the road and MTB trucks for off road. Different animals.
You should try a helical mini at some point.
The almost complete lack of noise on my Trampa with vesc6 and them is weird but I like it.

2 Likes

@moon’s gear drive isn’t as noisy as the AT gear drive I got from 3DServisas, but neither are very noisy.
Both are straight cut, although the 3DS gears have a shallower rounder profile. If your running in FOC/Hybrid mode with quality motors they make less noise than BLDC mode does.

3 Likes

I will for sure, I’m waiting on some MBS M2 trucks now, gonna build a belt drive and then upgrade to gear after the summer. I’ll see if I can get with @moon and come up with a helical profile.

3 Likes

Yeah theres no magic recipe to make spur gears quiet. Theres a few factors that make a difference

You can read about it here

6 Likes

I’ll be using 200KV Maytech 6374’s. I think it’ll be fine. I’m actually looking forward to it lol.

3 Likes

Those are great motors, in hybrid mode you will be surprised how much quieter they are than BLDC mode.

3 Likes