What is your opinion on Meepo?

Better value for sure.

1 Like

i agree man im just trying to find the right fit, what do you guys think of the raldey boards? they look pretty good for the price and have a 280lbs weight limit

I’ve ridden at 240 and had no issues. Currently 225.

hmmm ok

Raldey looks fine but very little knowledge in terms of customer service and longevity since they’re technically new to the scene. (They offered big-tired boards 4-5 years ago IIRC.)

2 Likes

download

1 Like

I have surprisingly never heard of raldey boards before today but it looks to be the same board ownboard is bringing out/teased about maybe @Liuqiu-Ownboard can chime in.

Think deck is different but other parts might be similar.

2 Likes

well miles is coming out with a new 1800 board thats preorder rn for 1000 and they share the same factory with radley im pretty sure so i think they might actually be pretty good

Okay, but you’re veering into the unknown now with preorders and fringe vendors.

3 Likes

ya i think ima pass on that and do my best to get a metroboard

What’s up with the offer from @thisguyhere? Low KV motors geared for torque seems just about right for you. He didn’t specified the trucks, but if they are Torqueboards 218mm you could upgrade the motors to 6374 and have strong brakes for your commute. I use my board solely for commuting myself and find strong brakes to be one of the most important features!

2 Likes

for sure! he hasnt pmed me like he said he would yet but thats definitively an option

1 Like

Why not pm him? He is a really honest and reliable guy.

1 Like

i just did

1 Like

If you decide to go the diy route my hybrid at style build would fit in your budget and proform better then all the Chinese pre builts mentioned-

4 Likes

Yeah, I would buy from him for sure.

2 Likes

right, it’s surfrodz rkp + psycho’s mounts.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’d start with the Meepo v3, with the ER battery.
My mate Matt got one a couple of weeks ago and I’m honestly really surprised with it - having ridden the V1.5, V2, WowGo 2S boards quite extensively it is a clear leap above them all. Those hubs have way more poke than I was expecting. Great value.
Shipping was apparently a bit of a nightmare. two weeks after he’d been told the board had shipped, the courier still said “label created” and they hadn’t actually handed it over.
My experience with them was when I bought my last pre-built (was a V2P KT with Sanyo 20700B 10s2p pack - terrible deck) was similar to Meeep in that I had already signed for the package before they sent me the tracking number. :joy:

Once you’re used to it, think about what you’d want to improve - like get a dual vesc, deck that suits your style (whatever that is) better, a second “ER” battery pack to run in parallel and on from there whatever route tickles your fancy. :slight_smile:

There are many routes - all good, all a never ending money pit. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Fuck yeah, hummie build on surfrodz…
That’s a nice ride.

4 Likes