What is your opinion on Meepo?

ya i think ima pass on that and do my best to get a metroboard

What’s up with the offer from @thisguyhere? Low KV motors geared for torque seems just about right for you. He didn’t specified the trucks, but if they are Torqueboards 218mm you could upgrade the motors to 6374 and have strong brakes for your commute. I use my board solely for commuting myself and find strong brakes to be one of the most important features!

2 Likes

for sure! he hasnt pmed me like he said he would yet but thats definitively an option

1 Like

Why not pm him? He is a really honest and reliable guy.

1 Like

i just did

1 Like

If you decide to go the diy route my hybrid at style build would fit in your budget and proform better then all the Chinese pre builts mentioned-

4 Likes

Yeah, I would buy from him for sure.

2 Likes

right, it’s surfrodz rkp + psycho’s mounts.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’d start with the Meepo v3, with the ER battery.
My mate Matt got one a couple of weeks ago and I’m honestly really surprised with it - having ridden the V1.5, V2, WowGo 2S boards quite extensively it is a clear leap above them all. Those hubs have way more poke than I was expecting. Great value.
Shipping was apparently a bit of a nightmare. two weeks after he’d been told the board had shipped, the courier still said “label created” and they hadn’t actually handed it over.
My experience with them was when I bought my last pre-built (was a V2P KT with Sanyo 20700B 10s2p pack - terrible deck) was similar to Meeep in that I had already signed for the package before they sent me the tracking number. :joy:

Once you’re used to it, think about what you’d want to improve - like get a dual vesc, deck that suits your style (whatever that is) better, a second “ER” battery pack to run in parallel and on from there whatever route tickles your fancy. :slight_smile:

There are many routes - all good, all a never ending money pit. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Fuck yeah, hummie build on surfrodz…
That’s a nice ride.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the V3 still use the unpopular liying esc?

1 Like

yes, but its an updated more powerful 30a ESC

1 Like

Yes, but it is night and day difference to the last iteration - genuinely surprised how much these boards have changed in circa 2 years.

Much smoother under acceleration.
Capable of higher amp supply.
Braking - much improved (but still a bit s**t!).

I wonder if they will phase them out entirely at some point, they’re using two versions of the hobbywing in other boards now, like the Classic and NLS Pro.

Either way, despite it’s improvements, it is still the first part of a V3 ER that I’d throw in the bin in favour of a dual vesc.

2 Likes

I’m still learning about a VESC and cost to benefit features.

1 Like

I’m sure people have given you the info you need but I’ll say it again for posterity. It’s hard to build a budget board that can offer what a Meepo can on smooth roads. They are actually great.

2 Likes

u need a vesc man trust me

Honestly this is the first I’ve heard that a prebuilt is a better option for the price on a DIY forum .

1 Like

Is a VESC the cheapest way to improve the overall experience on an ESK8 aside from better wheels?

1 Like

VESCs are awesome, but they’re not automatically the best option for every use case.

If you just want to ride and aren’t looking for max performance, the Meepo V3 3.0 ESC is definitely a viable choice. I’m using one right now in my DD board, and it’s giving me everything I need at the moment. Push to start, speed modes, potted to increase water resistance and looks pretty reliable.

3 Likes

Performance, yes. A VESC swapped in for an ESC will always offer more performance as long as the motors can handle the additional heat.

You can argue that the deck might be the biggest overall experience improvement depending on how bad the original deck is and how good the replacement turns out to be. The original Meepo deck was a fucking awful convex mess and swapping it out to even a decent deck made for a big improvement.

3 Likes