What are your Eboard shoes?

Yeah, probably my case. I can’t ride that frequently (weekends usually).

Okee then. Self care goes along way.

1 Like

first shoes looking like 18th century drip

All checkerboard vans, but I still like the original version best out of all the new models.

Used to be big fan of nike until my friend said “go get a pair of vans, thank me later”, it was night and day different on a board

1 Like

Vans sk8 hi. :alien::facepunch:

6 Likes

Do you have a photo of the other side of the Etnies? The inside of the foot?

1 Like

It sounds weird, but I found that leather dress shoes plus wool socks work VERY well in the winter. Even when you live on a mountain and have Raynaud’s disease.

Also had some easy slip on winter boots that acted like a wet suit does with being tight and and some fancy rubber that worked better when wet. Plus no annoying ankle support to get in the way while turning

Being able to skate in any shoe type is very useful when riding in less than ideal weather. Only shoes I wouldn’t really skate in is heels but I can ride my esk8 in them. Yes, I had to try for science. No injuries or falls but it was very uncomfortable

I would still end up not being able to feel my legs from the mid thigh down but that is more of a me issue :rofl: Any normal person with Underarmor cold gear (under layer bellow normal pants), compression socks, then wool socks on top would have been fine in the cold.

Also I’m going to copy @b264 and post this over here to keep your thread clean.

2 Likes

nike SB solar soft are my favs.

1 Like

Stop lying. You skate barefoot.

2 Likes

Nike metcon 8 major upgrade from my 4’s i dig the planted feeling when jumping on my trampa. The stiffness is responsive on boards.

4 Likes

most of the time, yeah. but when I wear shoes they’re SBs.

1 Like

My Shimano sandles. Sometimes I wear my Vans.

4 Likes

My Adidas skate shoes are best for maneuverability, but for long rides, any good running shoe will keep my feet more comfortable.

I used to love skating with my Ultraboosts, but over time I think I’ve realized that the thicker sole tires my feet out because I have to make sure I don’t twist my ankle when compensating for the usual lateral torque. The soles are so thick that it’s almost like I’m balancing on 1 inch thick wood blocks while skating.

1 Like

25mm thick wood blocks

1 Like

I feel ya lol

2 Likes

25.4mm wood blocks

6 Likes

4 Likes

Try actually riding on 3 inch thick plastic blocks :rofl: AKA heels. Thicker heels and not stilettos though. Limits ankle movement more than ankle high shoes and makes it much harder to turn. Although I haven’t tried it again since I got my working surf adapter so maybe they won’t be as much of an issue anymore. :thinking:

If I had some sort of award to give out I would host some competition to see who can ride best in heels. There are plenty of heels available in larger sizes these days too so it wouldn’t be too hard for anyone to find ones in their size :rofl:

I found fabric skate shoes to be really uncomfortable at least when used with bindings. I have fabric DC and Etnies which I use with gel insoles and found they distort and lose shape too easily. What I use now are short motorcyle boots. The ones I’m using are Revit G-Force H20 and they have a built-in OrthoLite insole. Super comfortable and I frequently ride 50 - 80 km with very few breaks. You can also get them in a non-waterproof model but I got the waterproof ones in case I ever get caught in the rain (I got caught riding almost an hour in the rain once with my DCs and they got pretty soaked).

1 Like

Sketchers, kinda bad for the foot but loads of cushioning