What are the besr offroad geardrives for trampa board?

What are the best gear drive for trampa boards for offroading? Using trampa trucks.

1 Like

Prob Etoxx

4 Likes

Dont you have to shave down your trucks to fit them?

well yeah, like most gear drives, only one I’ve had that didn’t need it was the AvX herringbone.*

its more to create a flat surface than making em fit.

1 Like

I’d say Moondrive are pretty good

2 Likes

Both sets of my Moon drives have been great to me as well :new_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

pretty sure if you pick up the precision spring trucks / IR trucks you won’t need to shave down anything. The ends are already CNCed. But most of the gears drives do well off road… just pick one with a larger ratio for torque and dont’t do stupid things like landing with your finger full on the throttle

5 Likes

I’ve been using the boardnamics AT gear drive on my trampa build for probably 8 months and it’s been great. Assembly is easy, the steel gears are strong, and the is no was modification required for my trampa trucks. Only cutting I had to do was shortening the motor shafts.

3 Likes

Depends, do you have the precision or the regular ones?

1 Like

I have regular ones i dont want to have to modifie them. Id rather just get a new back truck.

Yeah then I’d get the precision vertigo with boardnamics drives

4 Likes

Kind of sucks becuase i bought nice motor mounts for belt drive but it seems like if you want better hill climbing and offroading ability you need gear drive. Unless im wrong. Also i should beable to buy the base of the truck and not the full truck.

not really the hill climbing part, just the offroading stuff is because of debris getting in the belts. Snow and mud are the bell snapping kings

4 Likes

I would for sure go with @3DServisas finality for off road

This beast conquers all terrains!!!

3 Likes

do those trucks hold up with lots of jumping?

1 Like

According to my customer, yes. He is using that board as a jump board

Once you go finality, you’ll never go back.

1 Like

BN AT for the W!!!

1 Like

I think boardnamics drives are wayy better bang for the buck.

cant beat $300 shipped

also:

this is finality

and this is boardnamics

5 Likes

Did you just

3 Likes