[OutRun] - Urban Carver - Custom Flux - 6384 - 12s9p - Finality

SOOO good!

1 Like

New softer barrels came in today from @3DServisas changed them to inner positions with angled risers. The difference is night and day. Maybe I’ll even switch to outer positions on the back truck.

15 Likes

Dang it didn’t even look turntable before

1 Like

First ride today. Around 11KM.

Impressions:

• It rides super nice, I am really liking the width of the deck.
  • Free roll is almost non existent. Finality drivetrain needs a bit of “burning in” so I hope this will Improve a bit in the future.
  • Barrels definitely too soft at this setup. Will be changing position on the rear truck to the outer position.
  • 39Wh/km This should also improve with finality releasing some of its tension. But not too much.
  • It rides pretty low, I am considering adding some risers. I scrape almost any speed bump on the road.
  • This thing is heavy. Really heavy.

Generally I am super satisfied. Can’t wait to get used to it so I can ride it a bit harder.

7 Likes

oof

Did you adjust the backlash at all? My 3d servisas drives usually arrive too tight

5 Likes

No I didn’t, it’s not so much the gear drives, but the finality bearings and the design at the end of the trucks… There is an option to remove a rubber seal to improve free roll, but then the bearings are not sealed anymore… We will see how it behaves over time

Take a look at the front wheel “free spin”

11 Likes

Consumption seems to be a tad high. Make sure you didn’t use too much grease, only fill the gaps of the teeth. If you tried to spin the wheels without v-rings and grease and they spin freely, you don’t need to increase the backlash. Maybe the conical bearings are too tight, check that too.

Regarding bushings I personally use the soft ones on the outside positions, both front and rear.

Clearance is another issue, we have a local rider who uses the same deck with Finality, adding 20mm of risers helped with constant enclosure scratching.

2 Likes

The front bearing seals have to be broken in. They are spring loaded so they seal properly. You can loosen the front bearings a touch, but make sure there’s no lateral or horizontal movement of the wheel then.

Thanks for the info provided. I have checked conical bearings, those shouldn’t be too tight as they are not getting hot after 45mins of riding. What does get hot is the case of the gear drive, but it must be the heat transferred from the motors.

Anyhow finality is really awesome drive train. Well done sir…

I’ll send you a DM later today regarding the top mount enclosure to see if we can work something out.

All the best

3 Likes

It will be hotter in the summer with these motors. They get very hot. No cooling holes.

Down to 34Wh/km after about 100km of burning in. That’s 5wh/km down. @3DServisas

Looking better and better

3 Likes

Jesus Christ that’s still high. I get 30wh/MILE on my gds. U still have rly high rolling resistance?

5 Likes

Yeah. Is’s still high. But getting better.

What whees do you have on that board?

8" Kendas.

Similar speeds too

2 Likes

Initial

after ~100km

we might need to start keeping track of how long / far it takes for 3ds bearing to reach the most freeroll

5 Likes

Damn that’s high, I get about 30wh/km on BNM1 GD with 200mm knobby tires. 40 is cray. I’d check that backlash.

1 Like

You guys are all fat.

I get 20 Wh/km on 9" offroad tires with moon’s gear drive :goat::dash:

8 Likes

Damn dude that’s nuts, do you have negative mass or something?

3 Likes

Finality drive is really specific. I will lose up a bit bearings in the truck. But anyhow it’s getting better over time by itself.

1 Like

I was at 18wh/km before finality, 25 at the begining and after few hundreds km i’m back at 18.
With 13s, 8" road tires and 63100 with 100A batt and motor. But i go easy on gas.
I never had more than 25, your setup eats battery like crazy :sweat_smile:

1 Like