SKP Esk8 100mph build

Curious about this too. I am going to try and get some good data over the next few weeks

1 Like

I guess if u get data going up to nowhere near 100mph you could figure what it would be.

What bearings do you use? They must be special for sure :sweat_smile:

You gonna have to ask @3DServisas they changed the motor bearings and gave me some magical bearing to put into the gearbox instead of the stock. The wheel bearings are finality

I love everything about these, and yeah these speeds shouldnt be a problem for them, but I guess we will see. I’ve done 50 mph on stock finality already.

2 Likes

Had the same issue, if you’re on Android you should try an older version in the app.
If you’re on iOS, there is another smart bms app which works, its called SmartBMSUtility

Makes sense

5 Likes

Yeah it’s not quite that bad on my set up. But I would way rather have this then anything else available :rofl: it’s so superior, kinda crazy. Only drive I will trust over 50 mph

2 Likes

At those speeds I trust every part more than I trust my ability to ride at those speeds haha

Please be safe man

10 Likes

With all the failure modes i’ve discovered in my time, i’m really not keen at all to push much more than 50kph.

#trustnothing

13 Likes

Yeah I think this is a matter of what will fail first…I think the biggest problem at the moment is heat and how fast it will generate at speed

I can’t believe you found a set of tires that balanced lol

4 Likes

There is a lot of things at play here. A good precision rim is a huge factor, you are not going to get this sort of balance out of most plastic rims. The manufacturing process doesn’t allow for very good precision on plastic/nylon rims. Finality is also a huge factor, everything in this gear drive keeps the wheel spinning perfectly on one rotating axis. One of the things is 5 nut seats that are similar to how a car tire gets mounted to your car. These nut seats help with balancing. I have a feeling that even if I used an unbalanced tire, it would still be pretty balanced with all these things helping out.

The tires on here are about 8mo old too

5 Likes

What’s a good way to balance a motor or a wheel? Ive heard of using a laser mounted on the hanger and adding or subtracting material based on what the laser point looks like, trying to keep it small and stable, but that’s time consuming. Would a car tire balancer work or any other ideas?

1 Like

Drone prop balancer? It’s a scaled down version of what I use to balance motorcycle wheels. You could balance the motor bell with it if you were able to slide the motor shaft past the bell a bit and let it rest on the balancer.

They all follow this basic design. A shaft sitting on a set of bearings that you gently rotate to find the heavy spot, then either add a weight or remove by sanding.

4 Likes

Wow. And cheap. Just need an adapter for wheels or bells

2 Likes

Reviews seem exceedingly mixed on that one

2 Likes

I don’t mess with balancing a tire/wheel.

I think if you have non precision rims, balancing a tire isn’t going to do you much good. The only thing I do is try to center the tire on the rim and hold it in place while I inflate. There is no science in how I approach this, just eyeballing that the tire is as much as possible centred on the rim if the rim diameter is slightly too loose for the tire ID. But I don’t even have to do this, I have pretty much only used finality rims for over a year now and they fit the tires I use very snug and most of the time there is hardly ever any wobble to worry about.

2 Likes

You’d still have the stem imbalance at the very least right?

I don’t know, doesn’t seem to be a factor in that video I posted or in the ride feel

I think at this level of speed, minor wheel imbalance will be occurring at such a high frequency that you won’t even be able to feel it.

3 Likes